Professor Paddle: The new Rockstar from Jackson vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: The new Rockstar from Jackson Post Reply Post New Topic
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Topic: The new Rockstar from Jackson
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:54pm
So I demo'd the 2010 superstar last year on the wenatchee and it was love at first surf. Ive been saving my pennies to get one and now im ready to buy... But now I'm seeing that Jackson has a new boat called the Rockstar. I wasn't able to fit in any of the star series prior to 2010 due to how low the deck was but the 2010 fit me just right. Can anyone chime in on what the differences are between the 2010 Superstar and the 2011 Rockstar? From the pics I've seen they look really similar but I havent seen any of the specs yet for the Rockstar. At the moment I'm leaning twords the Superstar cuz it did everything I want from a playboat extremely well and if it aint broke why fix it right? I had heard the Rockstar has less spinning weight for loops and such but does that make it even thinner plastic? Desicions desicions.....
                                             -Kyle
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
NOMADIC WORLD
Paddler
Paddler

Quote NOMADIC WORLD Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:08pm
I think you should buy a ZG 48, it's a timeless river piece, and I know a guy who'll set you up for a sweet deal and case of beer. Let me know and I can make it happen.
In The Business of Doing Things.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:09pm
The All-Star is already a perfect playboat, how big a change could the Rockstar really have that would matter that much? I'd say unless you are already an intermediate to expert playboater, I'd stick with the All-Star series. The Rockstar looks like it's geared more towards those playboaters that can already throw down some huge moves and really feel they need something to make it easier...
Specs for the rockstar are on the JacksonKayak.com website.
Anyways, those are my opinions on what I would do. Running class IV rivers is already challenging enough in my 2010 All-Star, I definitely wouldn't want to make it harder and force myself to only park and play with a Rockstar. BTW, I've been up for 36hrs and probably gave a bad response. Good Luck on your decision.
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by NOMADIC WORLD

I think you should buy a ZG 48, it's a timeless river piece, and I know a guy who'll set you up for a sweet deal and case of beer. Let me know and I can make it happen.
Chris, is that the womens version with a crack in the hull?
NOMADIC WORLD
Paddler
Paddler

Quote NOMADIC WORLD Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:26pm
Are you talking about me or the boat? Cuz it's probably both.
In The Business of Doing Things.
chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:44pm
i saw a side-by-side on the Jackson website. The Rockstar looks shorter, so if you were having trouble fitting in the Star, I would definitely demo the Rockstar first....
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:45pm

nobody wants a zg. but i know a guy who needs a Remix 79. are you selling one of those?
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by chipmaney

i saw a side-by-side on the Jackson website. The Rockstar looks shorter, so if you were having trouble fitting in the Star, I would definitely demo the Rockstar first....
 It was only the stars prior to 2010 I had trouble fitting in. leg room(length) was never a problem it was just the deck was so low it splayed my legs to far apart. The 2010 model fit me with room to spare. After looking at the specs on jacksons site i noticed the rockstar actually has more volume than the superstar and is only an inch shorter along with the deck being over a half inch taller so im guessing it would actually fit me better. But ya i definately need to sit in both before dropping the coin. Thanks for the input
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:49pm

Are you talking about me or the boat? Cuz it's probably both.
The boat..if I was refering to you I would have said a ladies man with a smelly crack  
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:52pm
Yep, shorter and the paddler's knees are articulated higher than in the 2010 Star Series. My recommendation? Get the All Star and "demo" the Rock Star for a day on the Wenatchee when it's high.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 5:47am
Have you tried a Molan? I found it runs river than the Allstar, carves better and still loves to go "pop" on a wave or in a hole.    
H2Ohta
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by H2Ohta

Have you tried a Molan? I found it runs river than the Allstar, carves better and still loves to go "pop" on a wave or in a hole.    
No I havent but sounds like it will be going on my list of boats to demo. Does LMS have one?
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:23pm
They don't but you can hop in mine. It is the Md but they are surprisingly roomy. I found it to be faster and "carvier" on a wave, and it seemed less "corky" while running river, yet has more volume than the Allstar. Comes with self-adhesive foam to raise your seat if you like or to use to outfit. I suggest using it to raise your seat in order to get more leverage and extension. Try Aquasports in Redmond. They should have demos if you want to try the Lrg Molan.
H2Ohta
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:39pm

Cool thanks for the info. Thats actually a better location seeing as I dont have to wait for the wenatchee to run to get in one...

jella
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote jella Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 10:26pm
try Chris's lol.... paddle this weekend kyle!
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 9:58am
Originally posted by jella

try Chris's lol.... paddle this weekend kyle!
Ya if I could fit in her..I mean his boat I probably would  For sure where are we boating, I'm down for where ever.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version