Professor Paddle: Monday? Anyone? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Monday? Anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:44pm
So obviously I misunderstood what dave meant by that. lots of people tend to act like joining the military is a last resort for screw ups and as someone who lost a good friend I tend to get over defensive about the subject. As for myself no I have not served and while I have nothing but respect for the men and women who do serve, the thought of joining right now while the USA is at war with the world scares the sh#t out me so personally that isnt an option.Like I said before im not trying to start any sh#t with any of you I was just a little offended with the unemployment ranting and felt for someone who is so quick to look down his nose at me he is sure slow to apologize for speaking before he had all the facts. You guys will probably never know what it feels like to have a successful company that took me over ten years to build through working hard seven days a week fall apart due to no fault of my own but a bad economy. I feel like those who havent personally been affected by this economy really have no right to complain. they should be thankful they still have a job. Im never to proud to apologize so for those that i have offended im sorry. I just felt dave could have taken some responsibilty for the misinformed comments he made. I relize it was my own fault for even getting involved.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 10:22pm
Heres my final piece. I dont want you to think I'm just sitting around feeling sorry for myself and not looking for work. I get up daily and search craigslist and many other sites as well. I also take on any side work I can find. If it comes down to my savings running out before I can find a consistent job I'll work at Mcdonalds if I have to. I just wish people weren't so quick to judge others situations without gathering all the facts. Sometimes you end up kicking a person while their down without even realizing it. There, now I'm done.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 10:53pm

Edited by Blair - 29 Sep 2014 at 12:39am
jhoff
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote jhoff Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:32am
I work afternoon through evening (1-8pm this week). I could paddle in the morning - sky, green, middle middle, whatever.

203-253-1439
John
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Adam
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:26am
Out of work carpenters, slacking hookers and welfare defrauders...meeting at Flaming Geyser at 10am this am for an upper/lower Green gorge combo run.  No questions asked about why you have the day off.  Just good times on the river.....
The bridge, not the river, flows.
Jimmy
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote Jimmy Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:36am
Sorry you had to go through this Adam just to ge a date to paddle.  No lack of entertainment here though huh.

Dave, give Aquaholic an apology.  I see where you're coming from but he ain't one of them.

Courtney
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:01am
Yea and aquaholic ought to apologize to dave... Go on boys kiss and make up. Then Dave can call in sick to work and go paddling with you while he drives his work truck and uses the work gas. (cause I know he does!!!!). Pretty fair there davie!!! Muhahaha
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Adam

Out of work carpenters, slacking hookers and welfare defrauders...meeting at Flaming Geyser

This confused me ... I see building materials being bought, carpenters erecting a brothel, and hookers being put back to work... I guess I just need to know why you would do this at a place called Flaming Geyser....

Sounds interesting either way I guess.
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:53am
Dave, Im sorry I took this to a personal level. Unfortunately I let my temper get the best of me and in doing so all I accomplished was making an a#s out of my self. Let me know when your ready to make out (an extreme version of kissing and making up) and hit the river leaving all of this BS upstream.

-Kyle
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:06am
Kyle: I think that the BS usually goes downstream ... and that is why we like to drink water from glaciers but again I have been hand fed crap most my life so what would I know.  I was not trying to attack you either and I apologize if that hit you personally I did not mean for it too. I was in the service and know alot of guys that joined for money reasons and for other reasons that were far from simply serving the country. When I was discharged I was given an option to re-class into a new job or be medically discharged, I choose to get out all together for one reason. When I joined I wanted to serve and while I was in I found the ideals that our military is being used to enforce is far from the support of our country and allies but more involved with the support and enforcement of the global economy and private interest sectors. One thing that always made me really upset was the fact that by nature when your in the military you can't speak your mind and try to do whats right, you do what your told period, right or wrong. I got out because although I learned and grew up alot during that time, that mentality did not work well with me.

Internationally people view America and our soldiers as a force of economy consuming and building with wealth as the focal point. That is not what our country was founded on, it just happens to be a by product of a free state. It is unfortunate that our country is now loosing freedoms from internal points and our market place which once soared due to that freedom is becoming a closed system that stifles those who are not secured through a well represented interest group.

I know enough enough. I am sorry I should have just kept my mouth shut to begin with but it is so hard sometimes - which loops back to why I was not so good in the service!!!
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 11:11am
Originally posted by James

Out of work carpenters, slacking hookers and welfare defrauders...meeting at Flaming Geyser
This confused me ... I see building materials being bought, carpenters erecting a brothel, and hookers being put back to work... I guess I just need to know why you would do this at a place called Flaming Geyser....Sounds interesting either way I guess.

James, are you sure that's not pronounced flaming...

GEEE-ZER !!!

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:16pm

No questions asked about why you have the day off.  Just good times on the river.....
Thank you!  After reading this entire thread (I know, questionable choice) I was feeling strangely compelled to post a resume and glowing references from previous employers, and I'm not even able to go on this run.  (Working, you know.) 

Seriously, welcome to the NW Adam, you are going to have a blast.  Until people get to know you I think you might get more responses if you post the class levels that you're comfortable with when you post for runs, you're obviously a good boater and people are open to newer boaters too but I know I'm cautious about responding when people don't say what level they want to do because occasionally beginner boaters are looking for company and my rescue skills suck, so it's way more of an endeavour and requires more planning, for me anyway.

SYOTR!
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:06pm
Umm, Sorry for all that Alcoholic and everyone  ..
Nomad
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:33pm

Edited by Blair - 29 Sep 2014 at 12:39am
Adam
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:55pm
In case anyone's wondering, The Green was a flushy, fast, fun time.  Just to make things really hard on Dave, I have a new plan for next Tuesday.  Run the green.  Eat a burger.  Spend the evening snowboarding.  Get home really, really late, call Dave to report (hopefully waking him up) and sleep in all day Wednesday.  Who wants in????  
The bridge, not the river, flows.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:04pm

Edited by Blair - 29 Sep 2014 at 12:40am
Jimmy
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo