Professor Paddle: Wenatchee/Sky stuff? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Wenatchee/Sky stuff? Post Reply Post New Topic
mcruni2000
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mcruni2000 Replybullet Topic: Wenatchee/Sky stuff?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 8:57pm
Hey everybody,

A few of us are heading up from PDX this weekend (Thurs-Sun) and are looking to explore stuff in these two drainages. We've only ever paddled the lower Sultan and Tumwater Canyon, but wanna see some more. Anyone have any suggestions regarding what is in, and how to get the most bang for our buck? We're interested in checking out any combination of: Miller, Money, Rapid, Foss, Little Wenatchee, Nason, lwr. Icicle, or Peshastin. Is it worth coming up this weekend? If not, we'll probably stick around for laps on the L-Dub. If so, anyone willing to meet up with us? Any beta is appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan C
(three-six-oh) 921-2047
It looks like it goes, but I'm not the guy who's gonna prove it!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:56am

Hey Ryan, 

Lots of options right now.  First off,  Wenatchee is holding in the 11k range.  That's great playboating on the Chee, but takes most of the creeks out.  Lower Icicle will be good side of high and peshastin crk will be running also;  too high for litt wenat, nason, or upper icicle sections. 

Skykomish drainage has a few options:  Foss, Miller, Rapid should all be good; Main sky is a hoot; and you can make a 15m run on the upper NFSky so long as levels hold above 9k.  Money is out for season and TopTye is way high. 

Give me a shout if you get up this way.  I got a place you guys can crash at in Index if you want. 

Also, what's the little white level?  3.3-3.5?

Cheers,

Mike Harms  Hm#   threeSixO 7nineNINE 1five3five    Cell#  two5three 3fiveO Five4Othree

chipmaney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote chipmaney Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 9:08am
consider china gorge of the cle elum, which is on the way to wenatchee....a superior run to lower icicle and peshastin in terms of both scenery and whitewater, it will be running this weekend...
sitting all alone on a mountain by a river that has no end
mcruni2000
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote mcruni2000 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:54am
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the beta, and the offer for crashing!  I really appreciate it, and may hit you up for that.  I'll have my Westy, so can stay in that; but a place to park it would be sweet .  L-Dub is holding out at ~3.4'.  I'll definitely get ahold of you on our way up.  Will you be around to paddle this weekend?

Ryan.
mcruni2000
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote mcruni2000 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:55am
Hey Chipper,

Thanks as well for the beta. I forgot about that one.  I've been on it once before, and it is a great run.  I heard that there were wood issues in there now though. True?

Ryan
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 12:23pm

right on... yeah, I will be around for sure.  May take a day to drive over to Chee for some surf on Sat or Sun... but like to get some creekin done too.   keep me posted and yes feel free to park and crash.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version