Professor Paddle: Parking Pass required as of July 1 vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Parking Pass required as of July 1 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
HINDS
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HINDS Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 1:41pm
I don't really know what to say.  Just got a $99 ticket for parking at Peshastin yesterday.  Really bummed about that.  Guess I saw this thread to late...  It has begun.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
meryl
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote meryl Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
Haven't you always needed a pass to park at Peshastin?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 2:25pm
Nick thanks for supporting our Park System. Your contribution will help many people discover more about our parks.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 3:14pm
Also, if you are just running shuttle and happen to enter a State or DNR land...check this out:

Q. If I am driving through state recreation lands, will I need to buy a pass?
A. Yes. Unless you are exempt from pass requirements, the pass is required anytime your vehicle is on state recreation lands managed by WDFW, DNR or State Parks. The pass is not required on roads managed by other jurisdictions, such as state highways or county roads that may pass through recreation lands.

SO, if you dont have a pass and just want to run to Kanasket park to drop off a boat, the park Rangers will gladly stop you and give a warm welcome with a $99 ticket. Even better, if you have multiple vehicles like me and have a pass for one car but not the other, you have to purchase a pass for each vehicle....unless you use my method above...hehehehe
Nomad
DaveH
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote DaveH Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 1:19pm
They were putting flyers on windshields over the weekend on the MM road. Not quite sure but I think that they'll be handing out tickets if you park on the road without your little pass.
Good info on the wet erase marker. That'll help.
206-795-0617
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 1:35pm
Hey-zeus.  Seriously, I'll buy my pass and grumble and then let it pass (sort of), but at least make it f'in clear where the hell I have to pull that thing out.  Is "Peshastin" the pull out off 97?  Now its the MM road anywhere you park?  Or just Island Drop?
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
DaveH
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote DaveH Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:41pm
I think its the entire MM road. They were handing out the flyers down at the hiking trail (where the pavement ends,) as well as up by Island Drop.
206-795-0617
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:47pm
Much thanks for the heads up - bet I would have gotten a ticket not realizing that.  I guess when in doubt I'll just hang that sucker from the rearview mirror.
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:06pm
I really don't have a problem buying a pass...because I already did...the problem I have is the non-transferability between vehicles. That is when it became a money generating revenue tax sucking venture that the state very carefully thought out and implemented. STUPID Fat polititions...I hate them...
Nomad
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:48pm
Regarding the MF road. It cannot be the whole road. The jusistiction isn't right. However where the pavement ends is a trailhead to DNR land (I believe that is Mailbox Peak) and just past island drop is the old Mine Creek campground (not listed as a day use area), which is DNR property.

The pass is for State Parks, DNR, and WSFWD

I understand the trailhead, but the access at island drop is just absurd to require a pass. That's nothing more than a wide spot in the road with a crappy trail to the river. The actual "day use area" at the old campground site has been gated off for decades and to my knowledge has no improvements whatsoever.

If you really want a nice day, go put in up at the Taylor River footbridge where you need a Federal Pass to park and take out at Island Drop where you need a state pass.
doggievacation
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote doggievacation Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 3:20pm
FYI-  Big Eddy (on the Sky) is now posted as requiring a Discover Pass. 
Don't waste water!
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:59pm
I ended up buying another pass for my car. I couldnt help myself wanting to support those poor state workers. Maybe this year they can buy a new 4x4...
Nomad
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 3:05am
I have my own problems with this law/program that I cannot go into in a public forum.

What I can say is that my office received the enforcement instructions on this a few weeks ago, and we are being instructed to enforce it.

As tempting as it is to use Dave's idea about how to switch one of the passes between 2 vehicles, I would strongly caution against it. Falsifying a government document is always a bad idea, but it is an even worse idea if the method of deception is easily spotted and the method's creator posted instruction on how to do it online!

Kyle
I smell bacon
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 6:45am
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by water wacko

<element style=": progid:DXTrans.Microsoft.name(sProperties)">

Dave's never been the shiniest egg in the carton, but we like him for the comedic wit, now that Leif's not around...Public lands are getting less and less public...</element>

when Dave came up in discussion at some put-in recently he was reffered to as a "man-child"    amazing how someone so immature can actually be successful enough to own four vehicles. What a strange world we live in.

Yeah our public lands are not very much so anymore. This land ain't your land unless you sneak onto it. Let people run your show and this is what you get. Expensive wars and private debts transferred into public hands (bankster bailout). Privitization of public assets, ect. We can pretend it does not to relate to the big picture, but it does. Go back to your tv's and watch more episodes of Family Guy. Ignore the world you live in because it is too complex for you. Don't ever discuss politics because you've been deeply conditioned not to. Go along with the program and go to hell in a hand basket. Drag those less fortunate than you along for the ride. Watch as everything you hold dear deteriorates simply because you don't want to rock the boat. We love the escape that our sport provides, but soon there will be no where left to run. Even the vastness of the ocean will not provide refuge in the times that are rapidly approaching. And this is good. As the toys are winding down, perhaps some time soon we will have to abandon our toys and become mature human beings. At this point perhaps the infantilized "adults" of this spoiled nation will grow up and move on to adress more important matters... confronting The Matrix.

"Machine Gun- Tearing My Body All Apart..."

"I have tasted the maggots in the minds of the human race. I was not offended. For I knew I had to rise above it all, or drown in my own sh*t"
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
phil
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote phil Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by jP

at some put-in recently he was reffered to as a "man-child"    amazing how someone so immature can actually be successful enough to own four vehicles.

That's a pretty mean thing to say about somebody in a public forum. What good does it do anyone?
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Wiggins

I have my own problems with this law/program that I cannot go into in a public forum.

What I can say is that my office received the enforcement instructions on this a few weeks ago, and we are being instructed to enforce it.

As tempting as it is to use Dave's idea about how to switch one of the passes between 2 vehicles, I would strongly caution against it. Falsifying a government document is always a bad idea, but it is an even worse idea if the method of deception is easily spotted and the method's creator posted instruction on how to do it online!

Kyle

Ya, that is why I purchased another pass, I dont want any more problems from the law while I am trying to have fun.

I was just at Kanasket Palmer the other day on Saturday. It was nice and sunny and the park was almost empty, unlike previous years when you couldnt find a place to park or even drive in because it was so  busy. So, I guess the passes have helped that at least, keeps the parks nice and empty for us Pass users! The Park Ranger was also on the prowel and checked our pass, then he went crazy on some teenagers trying to swim and jump off some rocks and threatened them with a $900 ticket if they didnt stop. Then he checked them for booze and then turned to us and asked us if we had any. We did not, but I did ask him if he had any becuase I could use a drink...he did not think that was funny. What a jerk...
Nomad
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:20pm
Roadway easements are for private or public access to land owned by another party. Since the roads in question are all on public land controlled by DNR, WDFW, and State Parks, and they own the road and the land around it, I would guess there is no defense there. The easements you see on the highways are to allow the road to cross private land.

One of my major problems with this law is that they are looking into whether or not they can force people who have easements on state land to buy a Discover Pass. These preexisting easements were usually either paid for already by the holder, or were the result of a lawsuit judgment. Either way the holder already paid for it, and now they are trying to take a second bite at the apple.

On the plus side this law does give us another option to deal with all the illegal dumping that has been closing a lot of areas down. If they are too cheap pay for trash collection, I doubt they'll buy a pass!

Kyle
I smell bacon
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 4:11pm
I remember a few years ago state parks charged $5 to park. No one used the parks any more so the fee was rescinded. Anyone else remember? And how they continued to build the kiosk at Westport, but eventually tore it out? Talk about wasteful.
More water, please.
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version