Professor Paddle: First Descent vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: First Descent Post Reply Post New Topic
FLUID
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FLUID Replybullet Topic: First Descent
    Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 6:37pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16040655

Heres a new planet that supports liquid water with its temps and im sure has a lot of first d's...   Maybe on this planet they already have future creeks boats like JP is talking about.. Hahaha
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:07pm
Ha!!!

I heard about that, its pretty exciting. What if the gravity was slightly weaker than Earth's, so that all of us could Huck 200 footers?

I bet that would totally change the dynamics of less verticle water, too. Imagine the playboating possibilites-
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by jP

What if the gravity was slightly weaker than Earth's, so that all of us could Huck 200 footers?

I know one thing, it would be fun to come home from a multi light year vacation, show off 300' slides and falls, videos, pics and then tell folks it was all casual class IV, unless if you were from BC it would be class III
thad2000
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote thad2000 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:19am
In a single post I think you managed to flag as a sci fi geek and a white water enthusiast...
why not!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:27pm
Oh hell yeah- you know I've thought of this! I am a whitewater enthusiast first and a Sci Fi geek second.

I almost would want to see Mars terraformed. Dude, there are some wicked canyons all over that dusty rock-

Valles Marineris would have some sweet creeks dumping into it, not to mention probably billions of CFS coursing down it once Sax Russel melts the polar ice caps.
I'm sure the Hellas Basin would br chock full of first D's also.

But, I'd probably be opposed to such extreme terraforming of Mars. Fun to imagine, tho-

-- and gravity wise it would fit the bill. Imagine bust'n off a Ryan Scott styled double boof off of some huge red waterfall...

I would weigh approximately 53 lbs. On Mars- (.38 of Earth's gravity, I think) Hmm that may pose some problems for busting through huge holes. I wonder how weaker gravity would influence the flow of water? Would if flow slower? It seams that a foam pile wouldn't break as hard. Better for playboating?

Not much wood to worry about on Mars. It would be cold though, even after enough CO2 was pumped into the atmosphere to thicken it.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Yotes
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Daddy Dutch Oven

Quote Yotes Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:34am
Shouldn't pose a problem for busting through holes.  You would weigh less since the effect of gravity is less, but you still carry the same inertial mass.  </phyicsgeek>
Yotes
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Daddy Dutch Oven

Quote Yotes Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:35am
That should say "physicsgeek".  Guess that's what I get for hitting post without proofreading.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:42am
That might be true but for every action there is a equal or greater reaction... of course would the same laws apply? I imagine for playboating your bounces and timing would get spaced out alot more... Imagine throwing a huge plunt that takes 1 full minute to land. While your flipping around your chatting with people in the eddy line. Dude that Air Screw was huge, it was like a full 2.39 parsecs...
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 11:58am
If I could do, like, three donkey flips and chatt with (ok, AT) people in an eddy while I was doing it, you know I'd take up playboating.

I am a chatty cat, its true
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:53pm
The possibilities are endless. You could boof over entire rapids!! Plug some insane, stuff. Stay on top in playboats!! Riverwide whatever..
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
FLUID
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote FLUID Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by James

That might be true but for every action there is a equal or greater reaction... of course would the same laws apply? I imagine for playboating your bounces and timing would get spaced out alot more... Imagine throwing a huge plunt that takes 1 full minute to land. While your flipping around your chatting with people in the eddy line. Dude that Air Screw was huge, it was like a full 2.39 parsecs...

I love where this has gone !!! a full 2.39 parsecs ...... nice blunt, you really impressed me with the 35 rotations.......      If we did find other life kayaking on another planet can you imagine what that would have done to the last religious debate
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version