Professor Paddle: Guest Speaker vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Guest Speaker Post Reply Post New Topic
lubes
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lubes Replybullet Topic: Guest Speaker
    Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 3:13pm
I am a student event planner for Outdoor Pursuits and Rentals at Central Washington University. I am trying to line up a guest speaker for this spring to get the paddling community out here stoked for the rafting trips and kayaking classes we will be offering. It seems that many of the big names in kayaking are out of contact/ the country.
Does anyone have any ideas, or know any local legends that might be interested in showcasing some of their kayaking footage and giving a presentation on the kayaking lifestyle?
Cheers
-Lubes

Chris Lubenow
206-788-5630
Lube it or lose it!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 3:24pm
Jeff Bennett would be pretty cool to hear from. Val Shaul or Gary Korb, Shane Turnbull would be cool but I don't know what his presentation would look or sound like....

Don't Invite Roberta McKibbon though, he is the ultimate local legend but I am afraid he has no camera, pc, or any way of organizing a presentation although it would be a wild speech. Imagine Howard Stern with a little mix of Ozzie and Nelson to the tune of Whitewater... He is perhaps the most experienced person on the planet to discuss the kayaking lifestyle. I would go if he were speaking but only to distract him...
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 3:36pm
2 letters:. J.P
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:17pm
Try Fred Nordquist.
rainpaddle
Paddler
Paddler

Quote rainpaddle Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:50pm
Doug Ammons, Missoula, MT.

www.dougammons.com

Rob
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:35pm
Doug Ammons.
Rob would probably just shrug and raise his eyebrows in an "I dunno" sort or gesture. Probably be hitting on all the girls and offering some sort of internship out of the back of his truck.

I'd probably just tell them to stay in school and study hard. That kayaking is a gateway drug. That the sport does not need to be promoted, that they should paddle long boats across a lake for 10,000 strokes. That ramps are fun, but that they are Jackass. That if they want to go kayaking they should study hard and invent a time machine and then be my personal shuttle bunny back into time so we can run the Columbia without dams on it. Maybe go further back in time and paddle the class III sections of the Missoula Flood. Take Rush Sturgis, Tyler and their whole crew of course, and watch them run the biggest Gnar in history...

Bretz. Its all about Bretz.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
AaronS
Paddler
Paddler

Quote AaronS Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:38pm
Isn't Steve Fisher living in Tacoma these days with his girlfriend? He'd be a good choice.
If you're not prepared to be wrong you'll never come up with anything new.
AaronS
Paddler
Paddler

Quote AaronS Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:45pm
Jon Almquist knows a thing or two about boating but I dont know if he does that sort of thing and probably doesn't have any flashy footage...I just know I learned a ton from him as a new boater the few times I've paddled with him.
If you're not prepared to be wrong you'll never come up with anything new.
rainpaddle
Paddler
Paddler

Quote rainpaddle Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by jP

Doug Ammons.
Rob would probably just shrug and raise his eyebrows in an "I dunno" sort or gesture.
Bretz. Its all about Bretz.

Pretty much.

I'd vote for you too, BTW. Just throwing out names. Guys around here with 2 or more votes are at risk of not giving out their free beta and we don't need you getting quiet now, do we?

Rob
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 4:08pm
Ya, John is one amazing great boater. I learned a lot from him over the years. He got me into kayaking back in the late 80's and early 90's!
Nomad
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:02pm
Sprague Ackley and Scott Matthews. Paddled the Muddy Fork Cowlitz with Scott a couple years ago. That guy has more first D's than about anybody I know. Love to get a look at his notes.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version