Professor Paddle: Rope at Paradise stolen today. vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Rope at Paradise stolen today. Post Reply Post New Topic
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Topic: Rope at Paradise stolen today.
    Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:03pm
When I showed up, two young guys (18-22yo) with the backwoods/dirtbag/wannabegangster sort of look had an old red and white rope coiled up. I asked where they got the rope, and one replied, "In the bushes." Then they quickly left. When I hiked down to the ledge, of course, the rope that was not at all "in the bushes" was gone.

If you need the rope, now's a good time to make sure you've got a throw rope to use. The scramble down is manageable enough with a playboat, but as that bottom ledge gets flooded, and when the rocks are slippery, well, the rope makes life a lot easier.

f**king kids. Last night I saw two barely teen boys kick a hole in the fence of my apt. complex because they, ".....wanted to get home quicker." Luckily the cops were there for some reason, so I told them, and one cop says, "Oh, that must be them." Then he does nothing.

f**king pig.

Tonight there was also a sketchy guy at the gate who asked if he could park there. Of course I explained why not, pointed to the fence and explained, then he said he'd just park down the road. Didn't see him again. My thought is he wanted to break into Rene's or my vehicle. He certainly didn't go for a hike.

Anyway, bring a rope, and if you leave it, don't be surprised if it gets pilfered.
nnln.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 1:41am
F**king people...

F**king hoodlums: a few years ago I came home after midnight and found one digging around in my house mate's rig. Got outta the van and and chased the dude about four blocks. Went Clint Eastwood on his ass. Damn near broke bones. Twisted limbs. "What's it gonna be punk? You goin to the hospital, or you goin to jail?" Stopped short of breaking his nose and stopped short of calling the po po because by then my streak of vigilante justice probably woulda just got me in worse trouble than this thief. So finally I let him up. Took his shoes. He had to walk home to wherever in his socks. Temps were in the middle 30's and by then whatever drug he was on was probably worn off. I know, it was dumb on my part, but I had had sh*t stolen not long before and just went apesh*t.

Yeah, the rope at the Truss put in is always slithering away too.
And I don't know whats w/ people who gotta park in front of the gate, yet when you walk over to them on fu*kin egg shells and ever so politely explain that maybe they could at least tuck in off to the side, they gots ta git all uppitty about the sitiation.

F**king kayakers: always gettin Buck Ass Neked in the middle o the got damn road- wondering how long it'll be before Boss Hogg gets wind of the sh*t from his po dunk pastor friends and sends Rosco P. Coltrane out to teach them urbanista pinko commie faggots a lesson: "No more kayaking here for dem Duke Boys! We gonna pass a New Law round here--coo coo!" Anyway I wish kayakers would respect the fact that they gotta share the world with people of different sensibilities: going to someone else's neighborhood and dropping trow can be interpreted as being disrespectful. Keep all your sh*t outta the road, too. If I had a big red neck 4x4 nothing would be more satisfying than running over a bunch of pretty colored giant plastic dildos littered about like these kayakers think they own the place. Again: at least PRETEND ya got some respect for the locals, since most of you ARE NOT COOL ENOUGH to talk to them or interact.

F**king rafters: down on the White Salmon some commercial boats be blocking the rails like they own the place, and most of the private rafters drop their boat onto the basalt bench at the bottom of the rails like they be the only got damned rafters in the Milky Way Galaxy. Move that rubber (and your tupperware toyboats too) down the line you inconsiderate dolts! Boats are gonna keep sliding down the rails behind you. Muddiphuckas make me wish I had a light saber- I 'd take inspiration from The Slasher (local veteran guide) and melt some hypalon except do it Anikan style.

F**king Birds!! Making all that noise in the woods while I'm trying to run the river, ruining my wilderness experience... I'll tell ya!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
not-very-clever
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote not-very-clever Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:57am
f**king birds! haha
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:43am
I dont use the rope ever, just go through Paradise and back up to the slanted slope there and get out there. It is 10 times easier than using the rope...or just paddle down to Kay's landing.
Nomad
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by dave

I dont use the rope ever, just go through Paradise and back up to the slanted slope there and get out there. It is 10 times easier than using the rope...or just paddle down to Kay's landing.

Yeah, but headed down those slopes when they're wet (lower Green runners), well, the rope helps.
nnln.
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by jP

F**king people...

F**king hoodlums: a few years ago I came home after midnight and found one digging around in my house mate's rig. Got outta the van and and chased the dude about four blocks. Went Clint Eastwood on his ass. Damn near broke bones. Twisted limbs. "What's it gonna be punk? You goin to the hospital, or you goin to jail?" Stopped short of breaking his nose and stopped short of calling the po po because by then my streak of vigilante justice probably woulda just got me in worse trouble than this thief. So finally I let him up. Took his shoes. He had to walk home to wherever in his socks. Temps were in the middle 30's and by then whatever drug he was on was probably worn off. I know, it was dumb on my part, but I had had sh*t stolen not long before and just went apesh*t.

Yeah, the rope at the Truss put in is always slithering away too.
And I don't know whats w/ people who gotta park in front of the gate, yet when you walk over to them on fu*kin egg shells and ever so politely explain that maybe they could at least tuck in off to the side, they gots ta git all uppitty about the sitiation.

F**king kayakers: always gettin Buck Ass Neked in the middle o the got damn road- wondering how long it'll be before Boss Hogg gets wind of the sh*t from his po dunk pastor friends and sends Rosco P. Coltrane out to teach them urbanista pinko commie faggots a lesson: "No more kayaking here for dem Duke Boys! We gonna pass a New Law round here--coo coo!" Anyway I wish kayakers would respect the fact that they gotta share the world with people of different sensibilities: going to someone else's neighborhood and dropping trow can be interpreted as being disrespectful. Keep all your sh*t outta the road, too. If I had a big red neck 4x4 nothing would be more satisfying than running over a bunch of pretty colored giant plastic dildos littered about like these kayakers think they own the place. Again: at least PRETEND ya got some respect for the locals, since most of you ARE NOT COOL ENOUGH to talk to them or interact.

F**king rafters: down on the White Salmon some commercial boats be blocking the rails like they own the place, and most of the private rafters drop their boat onto the basalt bench at the bottom of the rails like they be the only got damned rafters in the Milky Way Galaxy. Move that rubber (and your tupperware toyboats too) down the line you inconsiderate dolts! Boats are gonna keep sliding down the rails behind you. Muddiphuckas make me wish I had a light saber- I 'd take inspiration from The Slasher (local veteran guide) and melt some hypalon except do it Anikan style.

F**king Birds!! Making all that noise in the woods while I'm trying to run the river, ruining my wilderness experience... I'll tell ya!

Pretty cranky when we stay up past our bedtime, aren't we?

You shoulda heard the peepers here a few days ago, a deafening cacophony of amphibious orchestration.

I liked that, though.
nnln.
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by slickhorn

got dem jP, I'd pay $40 to see a freestlye rant slam between you and lewis black. 

props yo lol

Lewis Black is awesome. About the only comedian I really agree with on politics...

Warning... there' a naughty word or two in here.

A bit of a hijack... sorry. :D

Edited by JoesKayak - 18 May 2012 at 7:25pm
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by JoesKayak

A bit of a hijack... sorry. :D

For Lewis Black, I'm happy to have my thread stolen.

Still not happy to have the rope hijacked at Parrot Ice.
nnln.
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:14pm
I would pay money to see jp throwin down some dirtbag and asking him "hospital our jail punk?" Maybe I could be standing there saying some cryptic sh*t like, "let's just snuff em, no one will know".   Rad move though getting the shoes primal and functional. Should have took the rest of his clothes. Thieves should be treated like beef cattle. Made into burgers if it is convenient and tasty.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version