Professor Paddle: Cooper intelligence vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Cooper intelligence Post Reply Post New Topic
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Topic: Cooper intelligence
    Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:05pm
I'm hoping for a weekend on the Cooper this weekend or soon. Weather and water levels will be the determining variables, of course. I haven't been out there, well, for 16 years now so I am completely ignorant of all beta relating to water levels. Should I expect it to be in this coming weekend? How was it last weekend? And what about the Class II downstream of Salmon Le Sac campground. Does anyone have recent intelligence on that? I'd like to take my daughter, Eleanor, 7, for a run on it.
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:12pm
Fluffy medium last few days. I expect it will be in next weekend. 1500-1800 seems to be a nice medium on the inflow.

Lower section of Cle Elum looked free of wood from the road.
Jon Shell Bee
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:36pm
Christian,
I am thinking I might be out that way this weekend. Not 100% yet but a good possibility if I can convince my wife it is a good weather option.

I ran the lower class II section last year and it was free of wood "HOWEVER" that lower section has wood on the banks all over and it would not take epic levels to move wood, so in that I would suggest to be on your toes for run #1 or at least do a quick run first to make sure. I am thinking about taking my daughter Age 3 down it in the raft and I have done this before with little kids but would certainly do a first run to make sure there was no wood. Also there is little to no whitewater if you put in below the swimming hole. One single little wave you can surf and then a little set of waves by a corner but mostly just gravel bar turning and twisting.
phil
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote phil Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:35pm
Whatever happened with the huge log that fell in at the put in last year? Is it still there?
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2013 at 4:59pm
Put in slide log still there, sneak around the right and drive back center for a clean line.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2013 at 7:00pm
Ran it today. Log still there but easy duck. Give it a quick look though. Level was medium/low. With this weather I imagine it will be low this weekend. It was in the 50's at the put in.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version