Professor Paddle: car broken into @ Boulder Drop pullout vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: car broken into @ Boulder Drop pullout Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: car broken into @ Boulder Drop pullout
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:11pm
Yup. Hwy 2 is once again struck by random douchebags. I was running livestock down through Boulder Drop, and my gf pulled over to scamper down and watch. Had a clean line, no swimmers.

After the trip got back to the yard to find a bummed out gf. Her rear window got smashed out by a rock (found inside). We had some paddling gear and random stuff stolen. These events always seem random and spaced out.

They didn't get my wallet or phone, thankfully, since those items weren't in my backpack, which was taken. For that reason I would advise people to not leave the valuables like that in a daypack, duffle, or other likely container that the low lifes will grab because its quick, easy, and they hope it will contain something worth their while.

A police report was filed. There were a lot of people coming and going from the pullout to view people running BD, so its possible these sh*theads had to cut their stay short.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:13pm
Also, was there a "Skyfest" last weekend? If so I didn't hear about it. What good is a Skyfest if it isn't really a Skyfest? Theft of another kind, perhaps...

Who knows. What a strange, inverted world.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
BRoss
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BRoss Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:14pm
Sucks, sorry JP. That is pretty brazen, by the side of hwy 2. Watch out for Cable Drop putin, that is where we were broken into.
"That boated a lot better than it looked." "It always does until it doesn't."
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:25pm
Yup. I immediately thought of you (the most recent incident I can recall up there).

Coulda been worse, but they did get some stuff (probably not what they wanted- the fu*ktards). Just wanted to let everyone know to not be lax about that sh*t.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:11pm
that sucks jp. Sky Fest is the weekend of July 4-7. I'm doing a riverboard clinic on the 7th. Guess it was worth the $400 to get my stupid locking glove box repaired, but makes me wonder where to leave my car when running that river! Guess I'll try and make the car look as empty as possible.
More water, please.
erikSANDSTROM
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote erikSANDSTROM Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:14am
Valentines' Day 2008:

I was surfing Ben Howard Wave solo. While on the wave, somehow- out of the corner of my eye, I saw my truck's passenger door open. I eddied out and hauled sack running up the road. I called 911 while running (could barely breathe and try yell into phone); wish I had the audio!

Those tweakers ripped up inside my car & punched a hole in my gas tank with a screw driver. They were draining my precious fuel into a kitty litter pan, then decanting it into milk jugs!!!

When the Snomo Sheriffs arrived: 1. I was standing on a 1' tall pile of reefer trimmings that someone had dumped in the pullout (funny) 2. The cops pointed out that there are typically 2 sheriffs on duty along HWY 2 from Monroe to the pass.

I thought the tweakers had just siphoned my fuel until I made it to the Chevron in Sultan and had fuel pour out everywhere from the hole in my tank.

I think DNR should open up a hunting Season on the Car-Prowling Tweakers!
This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:06am
dang. almost like you need to have a shuttle rabbit stay with the vehicle at all times, like you would in Costa Rica. Or an overly protective guard dog.
More water, please.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:13am
When I run laps on BD, I see meth heads on 10 speeds cruising up and down that stretch quite a bit.
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 11:14am
ba ba ba ba ba bait car.   ba ba ba ba bait car.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jerryclayross
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote jerryclayross Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
Just heard that there's been a rash of thefts down in Portland area too!  Used to think that kayaking was enough of a fringe sport that the average burglar wouldn't know what to do with gear if they stole it.  Not so much anymore.  Maybe I'll suck it up and start cable locking my boats to the car rack all the time now...
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 12:31pm
I have had my car broken into a few times in front of my house in Seattle - I am kind of amazed how little they seem to be after....spare change, some other random tidbits.  I got jaded enough that I didn't bother fixing the door handle that was twice jacked up with a screwdriver.

At home I leave absolutely nothing visible that might tempt and that seems to help.  But out on the rio, there is just...stuff.....that you can't help but have sitting waiting for you when you are done.  So I end up just playing roulette and hope no one really sees much value in my after-paddling clothes strewn out.

Best I got is when I hear about these thefts from other posters I bump up the level of precaution where possible.

So I guess my "meth head on the Sky" warning system just moved up to "orange".
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 12:32pm
Why isn't there an electrical force field alarm system available? WHY!!! Not enough shock to kill, just to "surprise" :). If crossing battery cables can do this,,, should be easy.
More water, please.
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by up4air

Why isn't there an electrical force field alarm system available? WHY!!! Not enough shock to kill, just to "surprise" :). If crossing battery cables can do this,,, should be easy.

"Set Honda on 'stun' "?  I like it. :)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:28pm
You have a GF JP?
smcboating
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote smcboating Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 3:50pm
Since so many of us have gopros and usually don't bring them on the Sky we should hide them in or outside the car and set them up to film. At least you could start identifying the wack meth heads and turn it over to the cops for a easy bust.
If 6 Was 9
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 10:02am
i use the bear feeding tactic. just leave a bunch of copper wire on the ground outside your rig and they forget all about your car.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version