Professor Paddle: Lower Green Sat? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Lower Green Sat? Post Reply Post New Topic
Dale
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dale Replybullet Topic: Lower Green Sat?
    Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 9:35am
That sounds like a ridiculous idea. Pencil me in.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 11:06am
Pack that tenkara because summer steelies are rolling through that section en force right now.
Dale
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Dale Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:38pm
I am so there.

161 cfs on the Palmer gauge.

So... what kind of boat did you get. I'm assuming it ain't made out of fiberglass. :-)

Dale
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Dale Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 3:13pm
I sold an IK to a gal who did water quality testing for... I don't know who it was for, but she said that her, her boss and others did a full gorge trip every year at these low flows to take samples and because it's a cool place. They used a raft and duckies. Some portaging, but she didn't know the names of any rapids.

Sometimes these runs channel up nicely and are a pleasant surprise. Sometimes the water spreads out and it ain't so pleasant.

I think the lowest I've run it was 350ish range and it was bumpy, the little surfing had gotten too little or had gone away and you didn't want to miss your channel on the wide shoals in the last couple miles. I pushed my lower limit back up to 425ish.

I've always been fascinated by low water runs. It's always interesting to look under the rocks we be boofing and splatting all season.

I'm not going to make the breakfast, but I'll see you at Flaming Geyser at 9:30.
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 6:59pm
Hmmmmm, lucky I have a beat to sh*t boat I got just for such occasions (and keepin my head drier in the dead of winter: will play in playboat, not in big boat). While the bathemetry recon is highly intriguing, this just sounds absurd. Not stupid, not worthless, nothing negative, just plain crazy.

Why does it draw my attention so?
nnln.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Dale
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Dale Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 2:22pm
annnddddd the video...

I couldn't come up with anything better than CCR's "Green River", but that would have been too ridiculous, so, no audio. You'll have to provide your own.

It's all GoPro, so, it's weird and shaky in places. Look away if you think you're about to have a seizure.

It was a nice day on the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDtGCuY15U&feature=share&list=UUcdOHhbpaqonQiKCLyAmqfg
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version