Professor Paddle: Trip Report - El Salvador vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Trip Report - El Salvador Post Reply Post New Topic
xanthopb
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Can Fangula the Greek!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xanthopb Replybullet Topic: Trip Report - El Salvador
    Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:31am

I took a week trip to El Salvador to visit Adrian Wigston. For those who don’t know Adrian, he was in Washington on and off the last couple of years. He’s an avid whitewater kayaker. Adrian is extremely friendly and inclusive among new friends. From Washington (and San Diego, Maryland, etc) , Adrian ran a surfing travel business based in Playa El Tunco (beach of the pig), El Salvaldor where he would organize travel & accommodations and provide local knowledge of the surf, food and attractions.

Adrian’s dream was to move to El Salvador and expand his business to a yoga studio, workout gym and hotel. When I was down there, he had the architectural drawings ready to go and construction was underway in a phased approach for two buildings to accommodate the vision. As I write this, he should be beginning his first yoga classes. The dream is alive!

Link to Adrian's Trip South

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcHMFrDsdBk&feature=player_embedded>

During my stay I surfed every morning with Adrian, visited a museum, went on a coffee plantation tour, hiked into a waterfall for some cliff jumping, and took in the local attractions in Playa El Tunco. The surfing season is from March to November. The river season is June to October. El Salvador’s kayaking is largely undocumented, however this season Adrian will be exploring the local gradient and by next year should be able to recommend kayaking options during the rainy season.

I can highly recommend this adventure for not only surfing/kayaking but for significant others that may be interested in other local attractions. Adrian can be contacted at:

ripitup@sunzal.com

Adrian is more than happy to answer questions via email and work with you to optimize your experience. If you’re thinking about a Central America trip, you should consider El Salvador with Sunzal Surf:

http://sunzal.com/Sunzal/

-Brad

O-Qua Tangin Wann
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:42am
I was also there staying with Adrian Dec. to Mid Jan (2013-2014). Definitely get to Playa El Tunco and the Sunzal break if you enjoy surfing in the most laid back, chill place imaginable. Even though I was there during the "off" season for surf, the first two weeks were quite big, then it got smaller, and then a bit better towards the end, but there was not a single day I did not surf, and I went out at least twice a day, sometimes three times a day. It is cheap, and amazing, and Adrian will set you up with accommodations and beta about the whole country. Experience it like it is, because it now because it will only get more touristy as time goes on!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version