Professor Paddle: Leavenworth eats vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Leavenworth eats Post Reply Post New Topic
otterend
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote otterend Replybullet Topic: Leavenworth eats
    Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
I spend a lot of time on the eastside during the Wenatchee season.  It's coming in now.  Fun surfing last weekend at mid 4k flow.
My thoughts that follow are just my pesonal list of digs that I hit from time to time in and around Leavenworth/Cashmere.  Since many boaters are coming from the Westside ("the Coast" as its often referred to east of Stevens Pass), I thought I'd suggest a few local eateries.  I know I'm missing some, and listing others that will draw barbs.  But here goes...

From West to East:

Coles Corner

·         59er Diner.  Basic burger that meets the basic need.  Order a shake.  

Leavenworth

·         I like Good Mood Food for light breakfast, baked goods, lunch and coffee.

·        Idlewild Pizza   Decent woodfired pizza.  A cut above typical Leavenworth fare.

·         Fresh (Burgers).  Next to Idlewild.  Good burgers.  Can be crowded.

·         South. Tasty Mexican fare.  Prices seem to have gone up a tad as its following has developed.

·       Der Hinterhof Beer Garden (near Hospital and river).  Outdoor bands tour through all summer.  Large space.  Enjoyable setting for a beer in warm weather.  Food is just something to wash down with the brew, which is fine on a hot summer afternoon after a day out on the water. 

·        For Leavenworth, park on the north side of Highway 2 and walk across to town.  Avoid the cluster of tourists and total lack of parking.

·         Sandwiches at Dan's Market for lunches on the go.  $5 for a good, large sandwich.  Patronize the local businesses.

Peshastin

·         Taco truck at Peshastin light (on right).  Inexpensive.   Worth the stop.  Serves at lunch and dinner time.

Cashmere

·         Nothing beats sitting out at Cashmere's Waterfront Park after a run.  It's the best.  Sunny and warm.  Bring a cooler, a lawn chair, and linger at the takeout.

·         Milepost 111 Brewing Co. (Cashmere)  Tasty.  A couple of dozen beers on tap.  Beer is reasonably priced.  Food is high quality; a little more expensive.  Riverside deck.

·         BBQ (right on the corner in Cashmere near the park).  Tasty.  No beer (shame). Closed Sundays.

·         Anjou Bakery (east of Cashmere)  Lost its endearing funk after an unintelligible postindustrial expansion.  Still, great pies and baked goods.

Wenatchee

·         The Windmill (classic old time Wenatchee steakhouse.  Gotta go at least once for dinner.  $$$).

·         LaFuente (Wenatchee - appealing, authentic Mexican  (but what would I know about authentic.  Flavorful grilled chicken)  Huge portions.

Chris

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
PaddleGirl
McNasty
McNasty

Quote PaddleGirl Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 5:38pm
I'll add Weeds Cafe in Cashmere (very close to the park). Good place to get coffee/breakfast/wifi/sandwiches.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jondufay
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote jondufay Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 10:02pm
dude, not heidelburger? are you nuts?
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 6:51am
Heidelburger - Get your greasy burger and fries
München Haus - the Original and Best Sausage and Beer Garten
Crystal's - breakfast with a bloody mary...
Blackbird Bistro
Wild Huckleberry - Best Eggs Benedict in town! Lunch and Dinner too at the golf course
Uncle Patchouli's (Uli's) - a staple in Der...
IBC - some of their beer is like eating a meal...

Dryden
Take a Break Cafe - one of the best breakfasts in the valley....

Cashmere
Hometown Market (by Country Boys) - gnarly hot case burritos and other awesomely, gross caca like that along with cold beer and wine. What more could a boater ask for...?

Edited by H2Ohta - 15 Apr 2014 at 6:53am
H2Ohta
Fenix747
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Fenix747 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:57am
Two much needed additions in Cashmere:

Tequeria El Chavo- Best stuff from South of the boarder and 7 bucks fills a very hungry boater. West of town on sunset highway next to u haul.

Blue Flame Asian Bistro- great asain food in downtown. Large portion at good price. Right down Applets way before you cross the tracks on the left.

Edited by Fenix747 - 15 Apr 2014 at 11:57am
"Full Face" Andy
jalmquist
McNasty
McNasty

Quote jalmquist Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 12:46pm
I'll toss a second out for Tequeria El Chavo, GMF, and Anjou (feel those capillaries snapping shut with each bite!).  Oh, and South - specifically because Totten used to work there and it was hilarious to watch him all dressed up in a crisp white shirt and black pants flirting with the clientele...  I'll also put in a vote for the Renaissance Cafe'.  Sure, if you sleep in and get there late the service can be slow.  But the breakfast is grubbin, and will last you until dinner.  It ain't no Sandy's Waffle House, that's for sure. 
And always do your shopping at Dan's - NEVER at Safeway!   
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:10pm
Anjou bakery is for 206ers - the bakery on cottage avenue is far better and 1/3 the price. Taco Chavo is really good as is the taco truck that is a little closer to crunch pack.

If you wander into Wenatchee proper prob the best mexican place around is here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/dona-juanas-tamales-wenatchee
I don't know what the deal with their hours though for some reason I think they close at 6? No idea what is going on here but it's worth the trip.

There is also another place down the road called La Plaza which has a really cool rhinoceros in the parking lot. You can get some really great pre marinated thin sliced carne asada and chicken for something silly like $3.50/lb.

Best beer selection around at the Plaza Super Jet (PSJ) and they also have very good bacon maple bars.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:50pm
Second on Renaissance Cafe'.

Gotta duck your head to get in there but lemme tell ya, the blueberry buckwheat pancakes are serious cakes. They have some solid scrambles too. Now if only we could find a place over there that serves up some Crab Benedict.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version