Professor Paddle: Sky Drainage this week... vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Sky Drainage this week... Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Sky Drainage this week...
    Posted: 05 May 2014 at 9:39am
Hey anyone wanting to rally up some goods up yonder HWY 2 TODAY?

Probably do a sky lap afterwards.
Yeah, I have some class IV/V stuff in mind but could be open to other options. Can't watch all this quality water flow by without boating it...
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
anjin_san
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote anjin_san Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2014 at 12:36pm
Hell Yea.  I live in Index.  Anytime after 2pm is good for me.  Shoot me a TXT - 970.708.1575
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2014 at 9:50am
Ok- round two-

Anjin_san, you didn't miss much yesterday other than some extra ciricular scouting far upstream and some mysterious battery trouble. Well, sam knocked out a top tye lap but I was tenative on that one because it was flowing about 10" up the sapling and I wasn't feeling full throttle about it.

But I am gonna try again today. Gonna ping you first and at least swap digits, because I will be close to Index on and off this season and we should boat!

Any other interested parties feel free to chime in. I am definitiely boating today even if its just on the sky...

Edited by jP - 06 May 2014 at 10:02am
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
eddyhonea
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote eddyhonea Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2014 at 1:02pm
I'm in to boat let me know what you are planning for.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jonlcrain
Paddler
Paddler

Quote jonlcrain Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:01pm
Hey JP Adam and I are in the area and plan to run the miller then the sky. I am at the bakery in sultan now. Give a ring.

Eight too eight 3 oh one three too six zero
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2014 at 3:26pm
Damn it keep missing peeps. Went into errand running mode for the day.

I will be near Gold Bar or Index tonite. Gonna try again tomorrow now that I got some off-the-river stuff taken care of. Who is available to boat tomorrow during the day? (Up in the sky drainage, maybe just boat the sky if flows are too low for the tribs to have juice)

If no one can rally during the day, I may go up to Fitw in the evening to meet afterwork boaters.

I also got two fellow raft guide homies who "Hardshell" quite well...
The point being we will be looking for weekday boaters on the sky since we are busy guiding trips most weekends. So hit me up
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:26pm
Bumping this. Looking for daytime paddling buddies tomorrow to boat anything between the Main Sky and the Top Tye...

Come one! Who is available? I'm opening this up to ANYONE who wants to boat during the day tomorrow (not just calling out for class IV-V companionship. Any difficulty you want- just let me know). Here's some options:

Sky. Regardless of flow. Flow dependent on who wants to boat what? There's options. Remember you can always portage BD, or put in below it, or put in at Split Rock and go to big Eddy...

Foss/Rapid: Looks like the water is dropping out for those, but ya never know
Top Tye- was probably a great flow today, probably be in tomorrow in some shape or form
Those are the standard IV-V offerings on the South Fork

Still never done the Beckler, if anyone ever wants to do that woody III+ boogie water run.

Lower Tye: III-IVish. Looked beutiful yesterday. I've never been below the Foss confluence. Why don't we run this more?

I could be down for an all day mission up the N fork Sky... Been too long and there's tons of personal first D's up there waiting for me. That's more of a class V focus kinda thing.

Anyway, I miss all my weekend boating friends but this is my time slot. Weekdays. I'd like to go to sleep tonight knowing I got a plan to boat when I wake up. Gonna check this forum by 9:00pm tonite to see if anyone bites

Edited by jP - 06 May 2014 at 5:27pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version