Professor Paddle: Sauk it to ya! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Sauk it to ya! Post Reply Post New Topic
ThrowYaMittsUp
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ThrowYaMittsUp Replybullet Topic: Sauk it to ya!
    Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:31am
I was great to see all the boaters on the Sauk this weekend! I didn't get a full count, but I know there were 9 hard shell kayaks in jP's group on Sunday plus many, many inflatables.

You can't beat the river side brewery right next to the take out either.  Everyone(that matters...) in Darrington, including myself, appreciates your support. Next time, camp out, I'd love to party with y'all!

Thanks,
Brian
Adventure Cascades
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks." ~H.S. Thompson
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 10:43am
Great to see you and your crew, BP!

The Sauk is very enigmatic. I guess I've had too few trips on it spread out among too many years. Consequently my memories of it always seem fuzzy.

Its another river with a fairly wide bandwidth of flow ranges. There is also enough smaller rock composing the riverbed that I'm sure some occassional shifting and shuffling occurs, revising the riverbed in what could be a Gnome-like fassion... And that is certainly Sasquatch Territory up Yonder Suiattle/Glacier Peak... Perhaps this is why it seems like a different river each time...?

The flows we had provided plenty of push for an 80gal creekboat. My Big Booty stern got sqirreled around more than once, and I even got stuck in a wedge shaped "room of doom" eddy pocket. Had to bust out a combat roll for that one. Plenty of Large Rocks to squeeze some class IV boofs and manuevers out of, and plenty of wide open class III+ lines besides.

That was a fun group of 9 we had- one for each of the Nazgul. We had a pretty cohesive dynamic, which always makes boating with people much more fun. Grinch and NZA showed me a few cool lines..

Saw Joe out there: one of Washingron's IK Jedi order, local Lexicon of The Sauk. Good showing of cat boats and assorted "Rubber"...
Nice weather, even!

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 10:22am
Yeah, The Sauk is always good times! Was good to see it getting the love last weekend. It should be a go-to river on any W.Washington boater for the next month or so, the snowpack looks better there than most other drainages so we should still have several good weeks of quality h2o. And hwy 530 is open now (it's one way traffic only at the Oso slide guided by a pilot car, so maybe add 10 minutes to your schedule - not bad at all) so go get some.

And yeah, JP good seeing you and the good showing of assorted creekers and playboats out on the water.

And little known river fact... the Sauk does not flow into the Skagit river. That is a lie concocted by the liberal media. It does in fact, flow into the Etume River. At which point, the combined streams become the Sauk-Etume River.

Get some!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by JoesKayak

That is a lie concocted by the liberal media.

The media never lies, and certainly not the liberal media. It must have been a simple misunderstanding.

PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 1:50pm
I haven't been on the Sauk in years.  Anyone meeting up for a Sunday run?  Just need to back in Seattle by around 5pm for Father's Day stuff.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version