Professor Paddle: volunteers and instructors needed vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: volunteers and instructors needed Post Reply Post New Topic
Reina
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Reina Replybullet Topic: volunteers and instructors needed
    Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 1:32pm
Team River Runner Seattle is seeking paddling volunteers and instructor volunteers who can commit to giving at least 3 hours each month to Tuesday pool sessions at the Seattle VA or/and who may be available to lead or assist with weekend trips.

Team River Runner (TRR), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, gives active duty servicemembers and veterans an opportunity to find health, healing, and new challenges through whitewater boating and other paddling sports. You can find our main website at teamriverrunner.org

Our chapter is growing with more and more vets showing interest each month, and our volunteers can't keep up! It would be ideal find people who are able to sign up regularly for one or more Tuesdays per month! Or who would be comfortable leading a weekend or evening lake or easy river session, or even people who will be attending the Tuesday night Power House sessions, once they start back up, and be willing to buddy up with one of the more experienced vet paddlers. Our current pool session time is 1230-230 and volunteers arrive a little early and stay a little late. Timing and days are somewhat flexible within a M-F 8-5 schedule, unless you know of another pool that would donate time to us!

Weekend outings are still being organized, and we'll probably be out on the lake or river on August 30th and either August 9th or 16th. If you are an instructor or seasoned paddler, we'd love to have you run a lake or easy river session after you've come to an event and met some of our vets and have seen how it works!

Please let me know if you are available and would enjoy working with TRR!

Reina Garcia
Team River Runner Seattle Volunteer Coordinator

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
ODarrow
Paddler
Paddler

Quote ODarrow Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:33pm
I'll know my schedule by the end of the month but would love to help out! I'll let you know when I know my schedule.
"See what happens"
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 11:11am
Reina, I am interested! I may be able to attend one of the August sessions to start.
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Reina
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Reina Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 5:25pm
Wonderful! Thanks guys! Our paddlers LOVE their water time- it's very healing and empowering! Watch for a letter one wrote to us... posted soon :-)
I'm excited! Owen n Megan, I'll send an email out soon with more detailed information, maps, etc! Megan, I'm pretty sure I have yours, just in case, can you send me an email or pm with it?
tracy2303
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote tracy2303 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 8:12pm
I am interested in helping I have Sundays off and if I have enough notice I can help on at least one Tuesday a month, also I am a vet if that helps any
DamonM
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote DamonM Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:18am
I could volunteer evenings or weekends.  Also, I have two boats that I could donate if boats are needed.  Please send me a PM - thanks.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version