Professor Paddle: Multiday River Trip next week-Beta vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Multiday River Trip next week-Beta Post Reply Post New Topic
deanej
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deanej Replybullet Topic: Multiday River Trip next week-Beta
    Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 8:23pm
Hey

I am looking for some beta. My friend and I have next week off and are thinking about doing a multiday trip. We would leave Saturday and return before Thanksgiving. Something warm would be nice but not necessary.

Rivers under consideration:
Rio Grande
San Juan
Lodore (if a permit is possible)
Rogue
Green(Utah)
Hells Canyon
Other suggestions?

Thanks for any input!

Janelle
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:08am
Not sure if warm is even possible anywhere with water right now. The rogue, green and hells canyon I can promise will not be warm. Sunny yes, warm, doubtful.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 8:26am
I'd say if any of those are going to be above freezing it would be The Rogue considering how close it is to the ocean (closer than all the rest are and at lower elevation). Rio Grande (TX?) might be a good bet for warmer.

I'd say that if you're leaving from Seattle the Rogue will be the most bang for your buck.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
itchy
Paddler
Paddler

Quote itchy Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 9:48am
The Rio Grande through Big Bend is pretty fantastic, and there are multiple canyons depending on how long you want to go. Some of the lower canyons would take more time than you have even if you teleported to the put-in. It's in the 70s down there right now, cooling off nicely at night. Problem is, it's a bitch to get there. Midland is the closest airport and it's about 4 hours away, and furthermore, it's a hell of a drive from here (good scenery though!), if you don't want to drop a grand on a last minute plane ticket.

If you do want to go to TX, though, PM me and I can get you more info.

The San Juan is a moderate 2 day drive from WA and it looks like it's in the 50s in Bluff, sunny of course. It's also a bit drier trip than one with harder rapids. An old associate of mine fell asleep on a ducky and she floated just fine for several hours through the Goosenecks (not recommended of course, it's too pretty to sleep through there).
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version