Professor Paddle: Cherry Hole (Upper Tumwater) Beta vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Cherry Hole (Upper Tumwater) Beta Post Reply Post New Topic
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NateW Replybullet Topic: Cherry Hole (Upper Tumwater) Beta
    Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:46am
After hearing about this feature quite often, I finally made it up there to check it out. I do most of my playboating on the Wenatchee I haven't had much experience playing in holes. I found Cherry hole to be fun, challenging, and offering pretty good eddy service. Looking at the Plain gauge the flow was ~3250 CFS on Friday when we were on it. On Friday, I'd describe the hole as quite good, but a little flushy in the middle of the feature.

The river page description of the feature seems to show the range as 3800 - 5000, but I'm thinking that is referencing the Peshastin gauge? Problem is that the inflows, especially from the Icicle can probably mess a bit with how accurate this number is. The beta I've gotten from people say that ~4300-4500 on Peshastin gauge is ideal.

I was wondering if anyone with more experience with Cherry hole has a good idea of the ranges that it's in using the Plain gauge or perhaps some dates they were out there, so I could look at what the Plain gauge was reading. I think it'd be worth getting the information on the river updated as this is another great spot on the Wenatchee.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 11:14am
Nate, you might just be the man for the job! Documenting some of the levels along with the season (winter/summer) is how we can dial in a good flow range for the Plain gauge. I agree it's a more accurate gauge and the Tum zone would be better served by it. Thanks!
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 12:37pm
Nah we need a der town boater to go up there and eyeball it. Maybe Tpot can get a bus route that goes up to Lake Wenatchee and he can make unscheduled stops there to check it out.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
pottert
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote pottert Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 3:33pm
Next time the levels come up I'll cruise up there and do a study on it. 4000 on the Peshastin gauge has always been prime time for me. We definitely gotta start working that Plain gauge more!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version