Professor Paddle: Kokatat Idol drysuit vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Kokatat Idol drysuit Post Reply Post New Topic
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Topic: Kokatat Idol drysuit
    Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:26am
Anybody own one?  Can't find much for reviews on them.  Any information about how well that system works, pros, cons, etc greatly appreciated
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
paddlemonster
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote paddlemonster Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:45am
It just came out this year about a month ago so not many people own them yet. 
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:56am
I think Kayak Academy (Issaquah) has some in and you could probably even try one on. I don't know about Northwest Outdoor Center(downtown Seattle) or Cascade Paddle Sports (Redmond), but you could call 'em and see what they have. cheers
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
imageAK
McNasty
McNasty

Quote imageAK Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:05pm
let me know if you confirm what brett says, the idol is my next investment for sure!
aint nobody got time for that!
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:10pm
I'm a little concerned about the zipper being around my waist. Lots of twisting, lots of contact seems like it could become a problem.  It claims to have a 'cover', but I'm not sure that stops the problem.  Last thing I want is a drysuit full of water during a swim 
paddlemonster
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote paddlemonster Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:13pm
The cover screws on and looks fairly secure (although bulky). You can see a video on their website.
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:22pm
I was looking at that. Having a bolt sticking out, even if it's covered when secured has me a bit concerned.  Might have to be careful with it when putting on and taking off....throwing on the floor/back seat etc.
stevej
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote stevej Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 2:53pm
I've worn the Idol a little bit. I had the same concerns about the small dry box that seals the area where the zipper ends come together. Once you put the skirt on and get in the boat you don't even really know it's there. It does kinda feel at first like you're wearing hula-hoop around your waist and you kinda look like you're muffin topping in the suit, but all that goes away once you put the skirt on. It is really nice not to have to feel the zipper across your back or over your shoulder though. It's a pretty solid suit. I know some people who have been testing the suit for a couple months now and haven't had any issues with it.

Kokatat was supposed to release the suits January 15th, but put everything on back order until the end of March. I think it was a hold up in getting the number of zippers they needed from the zipper manufacturer....something like that? As of this morning Kokatat is shipping Cascade's order either this afternoon or Monday so they should be in the shop by the end of next week. I assume any of the other shops that had orders for the suits are receiving theirs soon as well.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version