Professor Paddle: Class I Reccomendations? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Class I Reccomendations? Post Reply Post New Topic
knu2xs
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote knu2xs Replybullet Topic: Class I Reccomendations?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 9:39pm
No, this is not another beginner thread...at least not of the sort you likely are used to. Myself, although born in '77, I arguably have been paddling since '77. There are pictures with my mother on the river while pregnant and I do not remember not being in a boat. Since then I have paddled most everything in a C1 up to about 5.1 and a few 5.2's when I'm feeling froggy.

Recently though, I have started a new chapter in my paddling life. My Shiva and Stinger are still there. With Hood River relatively closeby, they likely will see action sooner than later. However, my son was born in April. We just got a rowing rig for our 13'6" Sotar and are looking to get out on what pretty much constitutes a float with. Our intent is the careful corruption of my son in much the same way I was corrupted 37 years ago.

The difficulty is my wife and I recently moved to Olympia, WA in November when she was already pregnant. We still are trying to sort out who and where to paddle. I have been out a few times creeking on the Peninsula with various people over the winter. Everybody has been outstanding to paddle with, a lot of fun and very welcoming. Now though, for the summer at least, I am shifting gears and looking to you for advice for where to go and possibly also who to go with as I drag the raft out and get my son introduced to the sport on Class I and II with possibly a low III.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by knu2xs - 14 Jun 2015 at 9:40pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 10:41am
This subject has come up before. Check out:

http://professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14867

http://professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14767

Of course, this summer the vast majorities of even the fall back runs will be super low. Skagit should be one oasis of water due to dam releases.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2015 at 12:34pm
Skagit is a good one to put on the list for sure. I plan on taking my 4 year old and 2 year old son on a few over nighters this summer up there. I did a couple last year and it was a serious hit!

Way to get the brood on the water!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Fun Eli
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Fun Eli Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 9:21pm
Thanks for all the info! I have been asking this same question for a while in anticipation of getting my son on the water at some point. He's less than 10 months old right now, so this summer might be out, but it's on next summer :-)
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version