Professor Paddle: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis Post Reply Post New Topic
Abron
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Abron Replybullet Topic: Hoping to Run BZ to Columbia River Confluence Dis
    Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 10:41am
Howdy PNW folks!  my name is Abraham, and I am coming up from NM for a wedding on Mt. Hood on the 8th,  and hoping to get a couple runs in on the Middle & Lower white salmon, below Bz to through the to the confluence,  or maybe even Farmlands if its flowing, and the easier runs go well.
I am hoping to link up with a local who wouldnt mind showing me the  goods, between the 9th and 12th of August. I will be with my family in hood river, and going out to the coast as well.
I know the Clackamas and the WS are probably the only thing flowing nearby, and but we only have 2 main rivers in NM anyhow so thats about what Im used to... lol.... droughts suck. thats definitely something i am used to....

So I am not a class V paddler, but am a very experienced intermediate. I am a 16 year class III/IV paddler, river guide, paramedic firefighter,ski patroller type, you know those ones,  dirtbags...always talking about themselves....
I have a drysuit if necessary, pin kit, first aid etc.. like a good firefighter, try to be overprepared...

I do also have a playboat, river runner and SUP just to take advantage of whatever I can if there''s anything else  g

Hit me up at the number listed above if you are getting out between the 4th-6th or 9th- 12th,
Thanks & SYOTR
Abe

Edited by Abron - 30 Jul 2015 at 10:43am
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
akayakermike
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote akayakermike Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 5:02pm
Try PDXkayaker.org, though I think people use facebook groups a lot more now. Farmlands will be way to low, unless you mountain bike, but I think folks are doing the lower still. If can travel a little bit there are some dam release runs in the Willamette Valley and Bend always has water.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version