Professor Paddle: Private lesson vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Private lesson Post Reply Post New Topic
fastpaddler
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fastpaddler Replybullet Topic: Private lesson
    Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 12:05pm
Hi, looking for someone to help with my roll or lack of roll. Problem, sold my original boat and haven't purchased another, yet. I Have all gear except boat and helmet. Hopefully you have a boat I can use. I'm in whatcom county looking to learn roll(s) in flat water or in slow current of the nooksack. Any local experienced boaters willing to teach a couple things? Willing to pay 30hr. Ideally, a 1hr class once or twice a week. If you have a backdeck and/or off hand roll in your Arsenal I'd like to learn one as a secondary, too!
Thanks
Reid h
Pm me
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Nick
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote Nick Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 7:48pm
   Unfortunately your about 2 hours away but if your interested in rallying to the Snohomish area... I'd be keen on helping.
   Give me a shout or text (425) 359 - 8469 if you want to rally South and jump in Lake Tye (Monroe). No worries for throwing any cash my way.
    I recommend throwing this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmc_S6gjt9g) into your search bar and sitting on the ground w/ your paddle in hand. Happy rolling and hope your able to join this great paddling community the P.N.W. has to offer.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 11:37pm
Reid, I'm pretty sure there's a roll sesh at the college in Bham once a week. Maybe some Hamsters could chime in? I'd call the college and see, sorry I can't be of more help.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 5:35am
I got my first combat roll after doing some dry land exercises. This forces you to use your paddle correctly (it can be used with the sweep and c to c) because you are on dry land. There are some good "hip" exercises mentioned on the website too. I have shown this to at least 3 others and they all got their roll after doing a few practice rolls on land. You can always lay a tarp or blanket down if you are doing them outside. Have fun learning!

http://www.creativepursuits.net/kayaking.htm
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

mprussak
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mprussak Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 4:34pm
I've got a spare boat and helmet, if you can make your way down to lake Washington or one of the Seattle area rivers/lakes, I'd love to help you out for free.

Also seconding what meg said, dry land drills are extremely helpful.
Marek Prussak     206-465-2055
plumb328
Paddler
Paddler

Quote plumb328 Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:32pm
arnie hanna pool in bham. tues and thurs. 8pm to 9pm also on sunday.
Alicia Lycan
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Alicia Lycan Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:18am
Hi Reid, I live in Bellingham and can help you out, I have extra gear too. Pool sessions are Tuesday and Thursday evenings, my number is 360-305-8053, let me know what night you want to go and we'll make it happen!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version