Professor Paddle: Big Eddy to Possession Sound Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Big Eddy to Possession Sound Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Big Eddy to Possession Sound (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Skykomish & Snohomish rivers
Trip Leader : jP
Contact # : 9414451638
Meeting Time : 11/14/2015 9:00:00 AM
Meeting Place : Call Me.
Paddlers Paddling
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Big Eddy to Possession Sound Discussion Thread
    Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:42pm

This is the Big Eddy to Possession Sound discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Big Eddy to Possession Sound | Trip Page

Well it looks like Paradise North West will be in full effect if the forecasts are to be believed. Snow upon the Crest, and Flooding throughout the lowlands!! Who could ask for more? If the Skykomish gets sufficiently close to or above 40,000 cfs, I plan to put in at Big Eddy and potentially paddle to Everett’s saltwater. I don’t expect anyone to take interest in this marathon flatwater trip, but for anyone who happens to think that would be a cool trip, this weekend may be an opportunity for it. ***I should emphasise that I am taking my 17’ sea kayak for this trip, as its the best tool I got for the job*** ***What this means is you need at least a comparable boat to join me. Something narrow and 15’ or longer like a sea kayak or touring boat*** I am going for long distance with hopefully as much cfs as possible to facillitate a swift delivery. Paddling pretty much non stop till the take out, except for a quick break or two. Not 100% sure about cranking out the whole 40mi in a day, much depends on flow. but wherever the chosen take out ends up being will require an early shuttle meet and subsequent early launch. Anyone is welcome to join me, provided you bring a boat at least 15’ long and you know how to crank out strokes non stop pretty much the entire way. Not race speed, but paddling to get somewhere. Maybe a notch or two below race pace to capitalize on the floodwater flow. Planning for This Saturday or Sunday. VERY Flow Dependent. I know its last minute but figured I would put the invite out there. It would make for a nice solo trip, actually, too. Probably plan for an overnighter at least as a contingency. Anywho, if serious about joining this trip you'll want to contact me for details no later than friday afternoon. You can PM me, call or text. ~jP~

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version