Professor Paddle: ISO cheap paddle vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: ISO cheap paddle Post Reply Post New Topic
imageAK
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote imageAK Replybullet Topic: ISO cheap paddle
    Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 3:45am
Had a swim through a sneaky strainer today and lost my werner shogun.
Looking for a quick replacement something 194cm+ preferably 197 or 200 but ive used a 194 before... Main thing is cheap! 100-150 doll hairs & not an aquabounf shred...too much flex!

Edited by imageAK - 15 Nov 2015 at 3:45am
aint nobody got time for that!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 8:59am
Yeah, swimming through strainers es no bueno, hombre. The whole art and science of kayaking largely revolves around staying out of trouble in the first place. Keeping your skills and awareness ahead of the power curve.

I wasn't there and I'm not gonna judge. That's the River's job. But it sounds like the Judge in this case saw fit to confiscate your paddle to teach you something real.

Get another paddle, but also get some more sense. Because that sh*ts avoidable. And when you are strapped for cash like my poverty stricken ass, you have to adjust your habits accordingly too. I don't know about you but I can't afford to be replacing gear. Sounds like you can't afford it either.

So you need to either back off some and excercise better judgement, or you need to power up on some better technique. A combination of the two usually is a good recipe.

Split Rock today at 11am.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
imageAK
McNasty
McNasty

Quote imageAK Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:03am
Agreed, it was a small creek and I dropped over a ledged into a hole backed up by a log that wasnt visible from upstream when I scouted and wasnt visible till the last second, the way my boat pinned I think swimming was the right choice.
aint nobody got time for that!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version