Professor Paddle: BC migration this w/e-- Paddle w us? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: BC migration this w/e-- Paddle w us? Post Reply Post New Topic
boatyboat
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote boatyboat Replybullet Topic: BC migration this w/e-- Paddle w us?
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:10pm
Hi all,

Myself and a friend are coming down to the Seattle area this weekend from BC to get on some IV/V runs.

We'd like some friends to paddle with, and we'd also like to know where we should camp.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what will be in or where we should camp? Anybody wanna meet up?

Thanks,
Kevin
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:08pm
If predictions are correct, you may be surprisingly hard up to find IV/V runs at reasonable flows. Robe will be too high (unless you are Sam), Ernies will be too high (for pretty much everyone), Clearwater in the Nooksack drainage will probably be too high, although could be in, look for around 2k on the middle fork nook gauge (I think), all the other nooksack runs will be too high, etc. Top Tye would probably be the most likely to be in at a reasonable flow, but it all depends on this rain.Looks like tumwater may be in at a good flow as well. As for camping, it obviously depends on where you will be boating. If its the top tye, maybe some of the sky valley locals can chime in on good free spots in that area. For leavenworth, you may find it hard to camp this time of year because of the snow.....maybe you could find something at Chiwaukum creek? There is also a house full of bros (Tom Potter, Chris Lubenow, etc) who probably wouldnt be opposed to folks sleeping somewhere in their house or on their property. They lurk these forums as well.Not a whole lot of help here, but I'd keep an eye on levels to see if its even worth making the trip, high possibility of getting skunked w/all the water predicted. The fall back in these parts is the Green since its usually at a really fun level when everything else is too high. Of course, if you have the tolerance for water that people like Sam, then this weekend may work out differently for you. I'm out for saturday boating, maybe around sunday...not certain yet.
Wave Sport
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:10pm
Oh and there is also the peninsula. Dan Patrinellis (Tiziak on this forum) and others would be the contacts for that stuff. Jefferson could be in....
Wave Sport
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:48pm
If things get too big, you could always hit the Sky if it's a reasonable level for you. There is camping just down the road in Index on the river. It's chilly up there, but not as cold as Leavenworth and will likely be rainy.
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
mikenash
Paddler
Paddler

Quote mikenash Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:26pm
Looks like Deer Creek will be a perfect level on Sat if predictions hold.
boatyboat
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote boatyboat Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm
That sounds like it'd be sweet. Maybe if water levels are this uncertain we'll stay in Whistler instead of heading south. We'd like to take a trip but maybe the next long weekend is a better choice.

In any case ya'll seem like a solid paddling group. Thanks for the advice and I look forward to getting out w you soon.

Kevin
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 2:08pm
I don't know if I'd go so far as to stay home. Look at the forecast graphs of stuff around here. There should be something good to run any way you slice it. Regardless of whether you come down or not, I got a little homework assignment for ya. If you truly are a passionate river runner, you will take a few minutes and visit...

savetheskyriver.org
(SnoPUD wants to damn our beloved Skykomish for a few volts of electricity)
sign the petition. It'll only take 2 minutes.

Local Boaters:
Already did that? cool. Get 5-10 more people to sign it. Get ready to write some letters, please. Letters to Editor of The Everett Herold or Monroe Monitor are good. They need to be 250 words or less.

For some reason, I guess SnoPUD hasn't filed their DLA quite yet. We aren't sure what the delay is. But supposedly they will submit it soon and that will trigger a 90 comment period. Be ready for that, everyone. And please consider writing to the Dept. Of Ecology, Washington Senators, and Snohomish County Council Memebers...I'm sitting on about a dozen letters right now, just polishing them. Soon they will get sent. Once they are sent I plan to share them with people who are too busy or not so good at writing or whatever.

GET INVOLVED

Edited by jP - 28 Jan 2016 at 2:25pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version