Professor Paddle: Looking for video/pics of Raging River vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Looking for video/pics of Raging River Post Reply Post New Topic
Matt Haverly
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Matt Haverly Replybullet Topic: Looking for video/pics of Raging River
    Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 4:15pm
Just wondering if any of you out there have video or pics of the Raging River - from Preston to Fall City. I drive by this river every day and have taken a couple pics from the road and shared them on this site. Curious about the canyon portion of it.
Matt Haverly
Sultan, Washington
matthaverlymobile@gmail.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Slackkinhard
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Slackkinhard Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 4:23pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdoDb7fu1jU

not sure who shot it, or his evaluations....but

Edited by Slackkinhard - 10 Feb 2016 at 4:25pm
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Matt Haverly
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Matt Haverly Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 5:36pm
Wow - thanks Brett!

I'm hoping I can find one at lower level too. But this is AWESOME. I have been so curious about this run.
Matt Haverly
Sultan, Washington
Arrow6
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Arrow6 Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:50am
I had wanted to run the raging for awhile for the same reason. I went and scouted it one day and lost interest. I came to the assessment the juice wasn't worth the squeeze
Matt Haverly
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Matt Haverly Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 12:59am
I dunno man. What I see from the road and the video Brett posted, I'm intrigued. I wouldn't drive 2 hours out of my way to do it but since it is right there it would be fun to do and remember as I drive by it on the commute.

The canyon looks neat. I saw a cougar in Preston once. It is just really a wild little stretch.
Matt Haverly
Sultan, Washington
Arrow6
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Arrow6 Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:30am
It is pretty remote looking though you should always be pretty close to the a road...which is something I appreciate. I'd like to hear how it goes. Its my understanding you have to hit it with the rain because it goes down pretty quick.

Edited by Arrow6 - 11 Feb 2016 at 1:33am
Matt Haverly
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Matt Haverly Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 1:50am
Yeah it seems to be low most of the time, although it was up not too long ago.
Matt Haverly
Sultan, Washington
jalmquist
McNasty
McNasty

Quote jalmquist Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:01am
There are about 10 photos on the American Whitewater site.  Also, what you see from the road is representative of the run. 

This year there's a bit more wood "in play" than we've seen in recent years for the normal Preston to Fall City section.  Just upstream of the Preston town bridge there's wood spanning most of the river.  This isn't new, but it's changed a bit from recent years.  Pending levels, you can probably boof the main log near RR or gorilla your way around RL.  Just approach with caution.  It's an easy scout from the bridge prior to putting on.  Below here, just upstream of the Icy creek confluence is a big old growth log spanning the main channel.   This isn't new either, but in recent years it was a fairly easy limbo move to get under this log at moderate flows.  This year things have shifted a bit, and there's a new log directly beneath it.  Limbo is still possible, but not as straight forward.  And right at the confluence of Icy Creek is a log (mostly) underwater that comes more into play at lower flows.  If you're not paying attention, it can sneak up on you.  Pending levels and what you find, paddle over or step around.  Finally, below the short canyon, there are a couple sets of new wood that deserve attention.  These can be negotiated or stepped around at river level.  Lots of other bits and pieces of wood, but nothing that isn't part of the normal run.                

Edited by jalmquist - 12 Feb 2016 at 3:48pm
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version