Professor Paddle: File your eComment with FERC today! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: File your eComment with FERC today! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:03am
Originally posted by iron monkey

Check out this you tube video by AWA on about the hydroelectric project.  show it to people maybe it will help inspire people to comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zZWz0itA8

Nice! Let's embed that:

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:26pm
Awesome. Hey, thanks for contributing to these threads, folks- and thanks guys for getting that link up- that's just one more tiny action I have wanted to do but have had NO TIME to do. This is why we can't sit back and hope "someone else" will take action. It takes all of us. there are many tiny steps that all can add up to a huge victory for the Sky. After the comment period closes, there will be a much needed pause.

Hopefully this bad proposal will get squashed. I am personally very thankful to everyone who has helped distribute comment cards and let people who know what is good and right express their opposition to violating the Sky's many existing protections. If you took the few minutes to file online, and hopefully poured a piece of your heart, mind and soul into it, even better.

Lastly, please realize that if this Draft License gets approved, we'll be doing this all over again next fall or winter. All the more reason why voicing opposition now is crucial to build upon later.

And what happens to Mama Sky in the winter? She swells up to take the form of her mighty glory several times the volume of her voice the rest of the year. If this project isn't dead on arrival, if they file their Final License Application, We need to come back at this FIVE TIMES STRONGER. So please be ready then to be vigilant. We can defeat this if we muster the combined voice of our community, just as the Sky gathers all of its waters in its thunderous roar...

FERC and SnoPUD need to hear the Skykomish River Roar. THROUGH US!!!

Edited by jP - 25 Apr 2016 at 1:54pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 8:47am
BUMP!!!

Time is almost up. I've been happy to see lots of comments coming in. Keep them coming! The deadline is tomorrow (4/27)!

If you have already commented, please ask your friends/families/neighbors to comment as well.

Share the AW video to your Facebook or other social media page along with instructions on how to file a comment. Let them know that simply commenting that they oppose the project is worth a lot. The more the better!

Edited by JoesKayak - 26 Apr 2016 at 8:47am
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:03am
Bumping this again...

TODAY IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO COMMENT FOR THIS COMMENT PERIOD.

Lots of comments have been filed already, so thank you to everyone who has filed a comment opposing this ill-conceived horror of a hydro project.

If you haven't yet there's still time. Please do so now.

If you have filed comments... you can still file again if you have additional points you'd like to address.

I'm hopeful that this comment period will be a great help to our cause. There are now hundreds of comments on file both by private citizens as well as government agencies, tribes and non-governmental organizations.

One comment in particular is from the Northwest and Conservation Council. In a nutshell, they are saying that Federal Law gives them jurisdiction over where energy projects are created in the Northwest and they designate this river reach as off limits to hydro development. Something we've known but it's great to see they are stepping up to enforce this protection.

JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:07am
Another note:

For those of you who are interested in reading the comments on this project, all documentation pertinent to this project are available online.

Go to:

http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/elibrary.asp

And do a docket or general search for records using docket # P-14295.

You can adjust your search to a specific time to narrow down your results.

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 10:05pm
Yup. 7,000+ comments! I am only bumping this to showcase Joe's above instructions for accessing the docket articles. This way, though the comment period is over now, peeps can still dig into whats going on if they want.

Joe, thanks man- I've always valued you as a member of our community. Great hitting that Snohomish Pilchuck lap the other week! Great paddling with ya and I got to discover a cute little gem of a run I'd never known of before! What a treat!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by jP

Yup. 7,000+ comments! I am only bumping this to showcase Joe's above instructions for accessing the docket articles. This way, though the comment period is over now, peeps can still dig into whats going on if they want.

Joe, thanks man- I've always valued you as a member of our community. Great hitting that Snohomish Pilchuck lap the other week! Great paddling with ya and I got to discover a cute little gem of a run I'd never known of before! What a treat!

For sure! Being my first time on the first half of that run it was cool to find some interesting geology and a few fun little features in there.

Got that set up as a river page now too.

http://professorpaddle.com/rivers/riverdetails.asp?riverid=4590

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 1:31am
Awesome! I figured you'd flesh that out. Good deal. I'd totally go back
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
<< Prev Page  of 2