Professor Paddle: File your eComment with FERC today! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: File your eComment with FERC today! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: File your eComment with FERC today!
    Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:11pm
Hi to all the PPeeps- hope you're getting out on the river more than I am.

***Updated 4/12/16***
We are nearly at the end of another 90 day comment period where FERC has been taking our public input with regards to the so-called "Sunset Fish Passage And Energy Project". If you've commented in the past using FERC's eComment system, you are to be commended. We ask you to do it again. And in the Future at every opportunity because that is what it will take to slay this 6 headed Hydra, er, uh... Hydro. Project.

The Deadline for Comments is 4/27/2016

Here's the Link
http://www.ferc.gov/docs-filing/ecomment.asp

Go to that page and follow the instructions. basicly you'll click on the large oval button that says
"eComment does not require eRegistration click here to proceed!"

on the next page a field should pop up requesting you to enter a Docket Number. Type P-14295-000 then click the Search button and then the SnoPUD project should be listed.Below that is a field where you can type out your comment, 6,000 characters or less.

Please don't procrastinate on this. Time is running out Let's get these eComments filed,and get others to file as well.

Save The Skykomish From StuPUD People's Short Sighted Decisions!!

Edited by jP - 12 Apr 2016 at 7:25pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 3:11pm
Some tips for writing comments...
If you are tooo busy or not much of a writer, that's cool- just tell FERC you are against the dam.

Apparently they don't care about the finances (what rubber stamp agency does, right?). But details about negative impacts to Fish habitat, the Landslide within 350' of where they want to blast the tunnels, etc do matter. And by commenting on these concerns, all the other agencies who have a stake in this permit process will recieve your comments (Fish and Wildlife, Dept. of Ecology, Tulalip tribe, etc).

If you have a more lengthy comment (you know, like me :) you may want to type it out in another program then cut and paste it. This is what FERC recommends.

Edited by jP - 18 Feb 2016 at 3:23pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:12pm
Bump.
I am asking if there is anyone out there who may have the professional expertise to write a substantial eComment to FERC that directly attacks the DLA.

Any Fish Bios out there who want to weigh in on this? (is anyone reading this? pretty hard to tell)
you know- the pen in mightier than the sword, or so it is said.

One or ten people can't defeat this thing by themselves though. If you care about preserving the Sky as a river eligible for Wild and Scenic status, you need to get involved now.

Edited by jP - 02 Mar 2016 at 5:17pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 7:21pm
I got Katy filing an ecomment. Keep it up. My post cards are in the mail.
Jon Shell Bee
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 2:22pm
Thanks Jon-
and thanks for responding on this forum.

I gotta say the rest of the PPeeps are making me look like a "Lone Nut Assassin" by not at least providing feedback on this forum.
I don't want to jump to any conclusions or be a dick, but I have to also be honest and say that the people who use this forum are, for the most part, making me feel as though my efforts are in vain.It wouldn't hurt to prove me wrong by createing some buzz around this topic- a topic *THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS*

Or, is Professor Paddle officially DEAD?
This summer, 2016 would be the tenth anniversary of the Professor Paddle Ball. Just going to point that out now as spring approaches. It seems to me that Perhaps PP is now the equivalent of the Main Street Department store that goes out of business when Walmart moves into town. Facebook being the Walmart of Social Media.

I'm not on Facebook. I HATE IT. I despise their ambiguous "simon says" approach to privacy and I view it as the "One Ring To Rule Them All" of Social Media. I much prefer the grass roots nature of PP and the fact that a Boater put it together. But, I digress. The fact is, while I'm off topic here, I've considered joining FB just because of this cause. It's that important to me. So at the very least, can someone LIKE this thread on FB? That could be helpful. Maybe send me a PM and let me know what impact that may have.There are real, substantive discussions that could be taking place. Multiple Minds are better than one, two or five. There are strategies to discuss, and a "Many Hands Make for Light Work" phoenomenon. "I'm busy" doesn't cut it. Because "I'm Busy Too".

The point is, most paddlers care about protecting Free Flowing Rivers, or at least they used to. I hope they still do. So if ever there was a cause to rally behind, this is it. Don't expect one or five or ten people to take care of this. It doesn't work that way. Its going to take community involvement.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 2:48pm
bumpity bumpity don't vote for Trumpity (things are bad enough)
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 3:09pm
BUMP
There's still time to file eComments. If you haven't yet, please go to the link at the top of this thread. That first post has all the info you need. Just be sure to reference Docket # P-14295. That's what the project is filed under at FERC.

Doesn't have to be fancy- just make your voice heard. Democracy. Use it or lose it. Don't Be Sleepin through a Revolution and all that.

If you need help writting something, let me know I'd be glad to help. Or otherwise if you want to get involved, its better to contact me DIRECTLY.

jP 941-445-1638
jpwaterway@gmail.com

NOW IS THE TIME TO GET INVOLVED
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2016 at 12:32pm
This thread needs a bump! Please get your comments to FERC. Either e-file or get a postcard out.

This hydro project is ill conceived for so many reasons. The state passed the state scenic rivers act years ago to protect this river and others from this sort of destruction, but apparently that's not enough. The river needs your voices. Please act today.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 2:51pm
Bump
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Mauler!
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Mauler! Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 3:45pm
How do I post a link to this thread on the the local club boater web site here in Missouri? I know some of them paddle in Washington. It couldn't hurt to send out a few out of state letters to FERC. Thanks. Leroy
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 4:05pm
Hi Leroy, the link to the page for this thread is:

http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15321

Thanks, hope all's well out there!

Edited by irenen - 12 Apr 2016 at 4:05pm
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:02am
Thank you!! We had a good turnout at the meeting yesterday and a lot of people spoke. It was supposed to go from 9 to noon and it went until 1 pm. Thanks to the paddlers who took the time to be there  and to those who spoke, I know some people had to take time off of work to do it.

Believe it or not these efforts are making a difference, I don't think I'm overly idealistic but this plan is so flawed on many levels (ecologically, financially, etc.) that if we can coordinate and spread the message to enough people I think it will make it much harder for FERC to approve this project.

Edited by irenen - 13 Apr 2016 at 10:02am
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 1:47pm
Yeah Colby!!!!!!
I really appreciate your contribution to the dialog. We need more of it. If you don't mind I'm going to move this particular post to the thread I created full of eComment Samples. My hope is that more people will be inspired to comment if they see a diversity of comments.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by irenen

Believe it or not these efforts are making a difference, I don't think I'm overly idealistic but this plan is so flawed on many levels (ecologically, financially, etc.) that if we can coordinate and spread the message to enough people I think it will make it much harder for FERC to approve this project.

very true, Irene- Yes- Thanks for those who showed up. And to echo Irene's comment, I won't elaborate on the details, but suffice to say we are seeing evidence that the Comment Card drive and the recent increase in eComments is making a difference. It's also worthy to note, (and again you can ask me in person for the details) the meeting we just attended is actually the result of a comment someone submitted .

I think its important to emphasize here that we should embrace this opportunity to let our voices collectively speak for the river. Rather than see it as a chore or an interuption to our "busy" lives (bullsh*t on the being too busy alibi, btw) we should put the same passion we get from paddling into writing a comment. It comes down to priorities and it doesn't take more than a few minutes or maybe a half hour writing something thoughtful. So I encourage PPeeps to visit the thread I started with some sample letters. Hopefully those who have submitted comments will post theirs too in the thread.

Let's have FUN with this. We are a very unique group of people. I don't have to remind you all the many and immediate ways in which we bond and form relationships in this sport. We are naturally more prone to be somewhat galvanized than otherwise. We can be the leverage that removes this seemingly inevitable yet stuPID threat.

PM me if you want to get involved a little more.There is Stuff Going On. It's not just about the Comment Cards and the 4/27 deadline for comments is just the current milestone of this process.

Edited by jP - 13 Apr 2016 at 2:05pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 10:54am
Damn I still gotta be the one to bump this thread huh? Well since everyone is obviously on face book, I need some of you cross-over folks to take the meat and potatoes of this stuff and either post it on FB, or link to this.

Trust me when I say that without our initiative, this project will likely get built! We are actually in a good position as an interest group to stop this if we simply all lift a finger, take an hour or two out of our lives and do what is right. But don't just go through the motions. Put some heart and soul into it and apply some intellect.

We can stop this. But if we don't, no one will.

Edited by jP - 16 Apr 2016 at 10:54am
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:37am
Who's on twitter? Somebody tweet some of this @#$#!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 10:37pm
Bump
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 2:24pm
Shout out to David Lilien for a particularlyAWESOME comment to FERC, very eloquently pointing out how unpredictable the proposed run-of-river-dam will be in terms of its ability to operate at capacity
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 1:29pm
Bump
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:10pm
To the top
Nick
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote Nick Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 6:41pm
Takes 5 minutes.
   Read the top of this thread then go to the copy / paste thread. Done and done w/ only a few days left.
   Bump!
Riff
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Riff Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 12:32pm
PP members,  bumping this thread and joining the outcry.  JP got in touch with me yesterday and brought me up to speed; I'm not online much lately.  I've sent info to everyone I knew from a former life as a river guide and swiftwater instructor in Idaho.  Reach out to anyone you know, make it a regional outcry.

iron monkey
Paddler
Paddler

Quote iron monkey Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:27pm
Check out this you tube video by AWA on about the hydroelectric project.  show it to people maybe it will help inspire people to comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78zZWz0itA8
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:02am
Originally posted by jP

Shout out to David Lilien for a particularlyAWESOME comment to FERC, very eloquently pointing out how unpredictable the proposed run-of-river-dam will be in terms of its ability to operate at capacity

+1

Just read his comments. Lots of very good points.
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version