Professor Paddle: LCPUD 16Oct reply to boaters' complaints vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: LCPUD 16Oct reply to boaters' complaints Post Reply Post New Topic
ReneeCP
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ReneeCP Replybullet Topic: LCPUD 16Oct reply to boaters' complaints
    Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 1:34pm
Today we received notice that LCPUD filed with FERC its reply to boaters’ concerns and complaints about lack of access to the lower Cispus River. LCPUD is required to provide access in accordance with its project license P-2833, Articles 42 and 17. LCPUD’s reply is five pages and is attached to the WKC General Announcement forum post. https://wakayakclub.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=2161&club_id=821680&item_id=644871
It can also be found under public documents section of WKC website.

Twelve complaints were filed with FERC between early Sept and mid Oct 2016 about lack of public access to the river. These comments were instrumental in alerting FERC that there is a genuine issue with lack of access, which ultimately resulted in LCPUD’s reply.

Unfortunately, the access issue is not yet resolved, however, discussions are moving in the right direction. Future public service announcements may be necessary in requesting your participation. Please let me know if you would like to be added to the email distribution for future discussions.

On behalf of WKC, all whitewater paddlers and the non-kayaking public, **thank you everyone**
for taking an active interest and participating. It is each of you who help to strengthen our community.

Greater western Washington has three current river issues needing your support…Sunset Falls, SF Skykomish River hydro-power diversion (SnoPUD), NF Skykomish road reconstruction/river access (agency unknown), and the lower Cispus River (LCPUD).
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:47pm
Sounds like some great progress!
ReneeCP
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote ReneeCP Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 9:47am
Unfortunately, not the progress that is needed, but at least boater comments forced a direct response from LCPUD, which is an improvement from all smoke and mirrors.

I'm not current with many of the discussions, like alternate take-out options, but when I read the first section of the reply, my blood pressure rises. LCPUD says FERC only required them to provide a take-out location, but never intended road access to said take-out location.

Why FERC can't see this as a problem is beyond my comprehension.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version