Professor Paddle: Cedar Slalom Course Project vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Cedar Slalom Course Project Post Reply Post New Topic
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote megspk Replybullet Topic: Cedar Slalom Course Project
    Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:27pm
I've recently been interested in slalom and have been paddling down at the Cedar River learning the "gates".

It turns out the Cedar Slalom course is in pretty bad shape. Many of the gates are broken and lots of jerry rigging has gone on over the years to keep things working (sort of). The whitewater course itself, is just fine, it's the gates, wires, and twine that need some work.

Kayak Academy has offered to purchase some of the items needed for the project, but I'm afraid it's gonna cost some extra $$. So this is where you guys come in....

Does anyone have any of the following items they'd be willing to donate?! If so let me know and I'll figure out how to get them from you! The projected date for the project is March 4 and 5, and we are looking for volunteers to help at the riverside and even in the water. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at megspk@gmail.com!

Items:

White outdoor paint
Clear vinyl finish
4x1 wooden boards no shorter than 4 feet long in decent shape
Plastic twine

Thanks everyone! I hope by making improvements to the course more paddlers will utilize it! The Cedar is a lot of fun and slalom is a great new challenge if you've never done it before!

Cheers!!
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jalmquist
McNasty
McNasty

Quote jalmquist Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:41pm
You might want to check in with the League of Northwest Whitewater Racers.

Email and phone contact info is on their website.  My understanding is that they manage and maintain the Cedar gates, and they may have much of what you're looking for laying around in storage.  Whether or not they do, I'm sure they'll welcome the effort to help maintain the gates.      
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:11pm
I'm in cahoots with them too :) Thank you for the advice!
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version