Professor Paddle: Retrofit RPM with Connect 30? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Retrofit RPM with Connect 30? Post Reply Post New Topic
Will Hanson
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Will Hanson Replybullet Topic: Retrofit RPM with Connect 30?
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:07pm
I bought a Dagger RPM and love the boat except for the uncomfortable outfitting. I also have a cracked and mangled Pyranha Shiva with Conncect 30 outfitting which I find quite comfortable. What are the chances I could put the connect 30 outfitting in the RPM.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Dale
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Dale Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:11am
You can certainly retrofit it. The question is, will the boat break in the process.

Quite a few RPMs(and other boats) cracked at the seat bolts. Dagger changed the seat and support under the seat a couple times but I don't think they ever really solved the problem.

As thighbraces got more elaborate and back band ratchets were moved forward, quite a few (non-RPM)boats broke at those attachment points.

The Dagger thighbrace/backband system used for the last few years seems to spread the load out quite a bit. I have not witnessed boats (innocently)breaking at these points. I think there's a chance that stuff will work.

I'm not familiar enough with the Connect 30 outfitting to comment directly but if there's 3 attachement points spread out a bit from each other, it may work.

The good news is, most RPMs built after around '97 were made out of linear and are therefore weldable. :-)

I'd say go for it and keep an eye on the attachment points. If it starts cracking, remove the Connect 30 stuff and weld up the wounds.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:05am
The RPM is uncomfortable in part because of the outfitting but more has to do with the ergonomics of how the user sits. The deck is much lower than modern boats so this puts your legs into a straighter position which puts extra strain on your hips, knees and ankles.

Retrofitting might help but if the seat is higher than the existing seat then it will likely make things worse.

The best thing you could do would be to put in a good back band, get slim footwear and stretch more.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version