Professor Paddle: Sauk Tomorrow. vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Sauk Tomorrow. Post Reply Post New Topic
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jP Replybullet Topic: Sauk Tomorrow.
    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm
Nice 'Lil "Shark Fin" spike predicted on the Sauk graph for tomorrow.

I like me a good Shark Fin spike.
Of course, I also like the Witch's Hat, or a good Gnome hat (more rounded but still pointy) and I really like the Ten Gallon hat spikes because they are typically 48hr flood events. And of course, there's the notorious "Vlad The Impaler" spike for those sudden flood events...
This shark fin will probably morph tonight as the weatherodel sorts itself out...

Problem w/ being a soloist this time of year is shuttle of course. Especially way out in the Long Forgotten Land of the Sauk...I mean, ya ain't gonna keep up w/ the "cool kids" and growing legions of Kayak Clones on Instagram boating the Sauk. No one's impressed, dude. No write up in Kayak Session magazine because The 'adventure' (lower case 'a') will not be televized. Never been my motivation anyhow. True Soul Boaters concern themselves not with these things.

So for the Social Media drop outs like myself?
(Because fu*k the Zuckerturd) Anyone keen on grabbing peak flow out there tomorrow? Anyone even swing by this digital Ghost Town anymore? This once Vibrant if rag-tag and beautifully imperfect community?

Good clean "class III" lines with plenty of class IV power quotient to drive a modern boat. will check this thread before bed.

Btw Freddy's Dead. Curtis told me. Stay alive out there.
I think I freed up just enough PM's to allow exactly 2 PM's into my inbox...

~~~jP~~~
Going full circle on this PP sh*t like rain falling from the sky (and into another Sky ;)
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
Oh, the predicted 15,000ish Shark Fin is now looking like a 20,000ish CFS Wizard's hat (not as steep as the Witch's hat, but pointier than a Gnome Hat...)

You'll just have to get my large format coffee table book of hand painted hydrographs...but it won't be finished until *After* the Apocalypse. But hey, that's not too far off, so...

Are all the 'views' of this thread mine?
Haha.
Probably ;)
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 11:36am
Wow- Facebook is still just that good, huh?
Haha.

Why does Zuckerburg look like he burned his eye brows off as a kid and they never grew back? Its easy to imagine him dressed in a Nazi uniform, I'll give him that.

Well I know enough people in Darlington to scare up a shuttle, I just thought it would be fun to dust off this here home-grown original paddling social media platform to see what would happen.

This is pretty much what I expected tho :/
Ha!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote megspk Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 1:48pm
I still check PP everyday <3
“A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.” -Unknown

Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 8:06am
JP on PP? Ive been transported back to 2003!

Edited by Ellingferd - 12 Nov 2021 at 8:06am
Wave Sport
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:27am
Hey JP, I too love the hydrographs. I will be very interested to see what happens in my backyard run, the SF Stilly with the high water coming through. I don't know if you heard but this summer a massive re-channeling project was done near Gold Basin (midway thru the Silly Stilly). They cut a new channel through what was part of Gold Basin campground and built a new right bank out of manufactured logjams. And we've seen time and time again how well those last, right? Well the first high water event a couple weeks back already ripped out big chunks of the bank and logs. And that was a fairly meager high water event. Today's is much more substantial and round 2 due in a couple days. Read this article in the Everett paper for deails including a drone photo that may make you hurl. https://www.heraldnet.com/news/at-gold-basin-a-river-is-moved-to-save-endangered-salmon/
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm
Holy sh*t!! Actual PPeople are responding!!
Whoa dude.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 8:04pm
Did not know of those Silly Stilly Revisions... Interesting. Yeah, I can't imagine the Gnomes would leave some artificial logjams alone...
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 8:54pm
Well the title for this thread is still Operative: I am planning on paddling the Sauk tomorrow (sat).Text me if you wanna join. If you don't have my number think of someone you know that has it or Pm me I will check in the am.

Joe - will look and see if I still have your number otherwise pm you but I think I got it I just changed phones. Anyway, would be great to team up sometime for a Sauk/Stilly/Pilchuck trip sometime. Lately I feelike spending more time paddling through The Land That Walks...
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 8:57pm
BTW: nice lookin "Batman Spike" on the Sky Gauge this cycle. Atmospheric River-Snake does not dissapoint...
Now who got after that sickness???

REPORT!!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version