Professor Paddle: Welcome... Some Details about this site. vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Welcome... Some Details about this site. Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Welcome... Some Details about this site.
    Posted: 20 Feb 2005 at 10:09am
 I wanted to take a mintue and welcome everyone that has been joining... It has been kind of unexpected. I would like to do some more things with the trip planner function, personal pages, and other things. Feel free to take a look around some time and leave me some feedback on what else you think would be nice to have here.

Thanks again for stopping by and checking this out. I look forward to adding a ton of footage of our states paddlers and making this site a wealth of paddling fun!

"BigHope to see you out on the river

Edited by James
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 6:00am

James,

WHat's up dog!! Hey man you need an n 964 earth modgulator and a global zinturion to inhance this site any further other wise your good 2 go. Hope your doing well g. Late-a daze  Chuckles.... 

There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 9:34am
Chuck -e- Frizzesh

I actually am working on my first kayakumbistulizum. Hopefully that will really help me raise support for my new country I am trying to build "Kayakistan". We are accepting new applications for citizenship, all we have to do is kick some lingering people off thier land so we can move in!!!!
avidyaker
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote avidyaker Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 11:44am

James,

New member and this is my first posting...but great site! Thanks for putting this together! Wonderful to river flow updates when you walk out the door knowing it's as close as it gets not four hours ago.

I'm a class III getting into IV boater who has been paddling a little over a year and am always looking for people to boat with.

Thanks for all your work

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2005 at 5:03pm

James- As you know, I'm not new but I have a few comments anyway.  Odds are you have already thought of these but just in case, here you go.         &nb sp;    

1. A link to the NOAA NW river forecasts page would be great. http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/                                                                                     2. Record the river level at the start time of posted trips.  This would be a great addition to the trip log.  It would be nice to see what level I (or others) ran things at in the past.                                                                                                      3.  Currently, the website records me as a participant on every trip I comment on... not good.  I don't want people to mistakenly think I have run Tumwater, they might get the wrong impression and think I'm a good paddler.        &nbs p;         4.  You mention the abilty to post a trip with a change of location if the levels change in the how to use the trip planner section.  I can't figure out how. 

Once again, thanks for the website James.  It is appreciated. 

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 3:00pm
THanks for the input and encouragement. I appreciate it all.

1. Where do you want the link to NOAA?

2. If you visit any of the past trips you will see that we log the flow at the beginning of the trip and the end of the trip. Of course the length of the trip is dependant upon how long you suspect your self of being on the river.

Example: Mid Week on the Mid Fork Trip

You will notice this is a trip page that has already finished. If you look under the list of who has joined you will see the post trip details. That should be what you are looking for, and a little more !!!

3. If you are refering to the Personal Pages, MY BAD. Everyone now knows that I have some sloppy code running around here, and unfinished. I will fix this sooner rather then later but you are a good tester Tom, keep it up and left me know where else you see those little boo boo's.

4. You can't do that yet .... Sorry that is an function being pondered on and planned for the next version of professorpaddle.com well call it something like ProfessorPaddle Bent Shaft Edition.

Oh and really quick thanks for joining Alan. I am glad hear that folks are using the site. It makes our group better and more versatile, which is always a good thing. Hope to see you out on the river sometime soon.

James
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 3:08pm

James.  I figured you already knew about some of my comments, thanks for the info.  As for the NOAA forecast, the ideal situation would be to have the link to each rivers forecast next to the link to the rivers name on the flow page, but I suspect making that many links would be way too much work.  Maybe just a link on the top of the flows page would be good. 

See on the Sky Saturday.  Tom

James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 3:32pm
I dont want to add anymore to the flows page. Many because it will start to get really cluttered. However I could add a little forcast Icon on the River Details Page. Tell me what you think of that.
Chuck e fresh
Master Poster
Master Poster
Post Jester - Round Tres

Quote Chuck e fresh Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2005 at 6:29am

James,

I'm in for the kyakatain and I'll be the deputy as long as your the sherrif cuase we both know what happen's too the sheriff...Or willyou be the gov-na!!

CHuckaliciouse...

There's no such word as can't!so stop making excuses!!!!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2005 at 7:48am
Chuckalodeon,

I can not be the Gov-na or the sheriff. Cause in Kayakistan there is no Law.

We will live and die by the (paddle) blade. Now that I start thinking about it more in depth I suppose having a nurse would be good, so you could hit that up. Let me know.

Nurse Chuckalickadon

That has a nice old sounding ring too it, like a dinosaur.

James
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version