Professor Paddle: drysuit seal replacement vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: drysuit seal replacement Post Reply Post New Topic
j berry
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote j berry Replybullet Topic: drysuit seal replacement
    Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 8:48pm
hey I need my drysuit seals replaced and I wanted to know where you guys get yours replaced at. (other than doing it yourself which i hear is really hard)
Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
windwaves
Paddler
Paddler

Quote windwaves Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 8:57pm
I just did some myself, and actually it was really easy.  I ordered the gaskets from nrs, who also sent some pretty good instructions.  Good as new.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jblum
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Don Blumin Looper

Quote jblum Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 11:44pm
Charles at AquaSport is super helpful and will do it for a fee. You could also
try contacting the manufacturer and see if they will do it for $$.

JHB
Pedro
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Pedro Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 12:00am
I took my drytop to a dive shop on Aurora.  I think they ended up giving me an old gasket which only lasted about a year, plus they seemed mystified about what my drytop is used for.   You could take yours to the Seattle REI store, they have a guy there who works in the boatshop who has lots of experience.  Keep in mind that not all drytops are made alike, my first one was a Lotus/patagonia Nemo, and it uses weird gaskets that nobody else seems to use or be able to get ahold of.
good luck!
pedro
We got the flow...
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Jimmy
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote Jimmy Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 1:24am
This is how I did it.  Aquire one of those orange highway construction cones.  Trim the old gasket back so there is 1/2" gasket still there, slide the suit trimmed gasket over the cone so it is snug but not stretched, apply the glue and slide the gasket down so that it overlaps the old one.  I've never replaced sleeve gaskets so the cone idea may not work there, but this worked really well on the neck gasket.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2005 at 8:34am
I just finished my first dry suit gasket repair. It is as good as new. I would suggest talking to Charles at Aqua Sports because he replaces these all the time. He will tell you about The best glue in the world and tips for removing and installing. I have done a few now and the tip seems to be in the Mold you use. Try to get something like a huge mixing bowl that will stretch the gasket and the drysuit neck out.

Oh and my big tip would be get a Commercial Heavy Gasket. (They are Bomber)

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version