Professor Paddle: Soleduck gauge? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Soleduck gauge? Post Reply Post New Topic
kaiakman
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

thinking about kayaking

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kaiakman Replybullet Topic: Soleduck gauge?
    Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 4:58pm

Did anyone go to the Mosh pit on friday, Jan 6?  We reviewed the best available data here at the command and control center and issued the "abort mission" order early friday morning.  The USGS Queets gauge was 30K (good), the USGS Hoh gauge was 16k (good), the 24-hour rain total was 1.2 inches (OK), but DOE's gauge on the Soleduck nr Quillayute showed that the Duck had been dropping steadily for two days and was currently at only 2500cfs (Hmm...).  2500 didn't sound like enough water to make the Mosh pit happen, so we decided to not make the drive.  But I've never relied on DOE's gauge before either.  If anyone went out there, please let me know what it looked like so I can reconcile all this data in my little pea brain... cuz I need to make sure mine and everyone else's sick leave is utilized as efficiently as possible!

Brian

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
myak
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote myak Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2006 at 6:52pm
I wouldn"t go by the guage on the solduck, I was there and it was going off and the only person on the water  was gary korb, you want use the HOH,8.000and going up,QUEETS at 15,000 and going up, CALAWAH at 4000 and going up any thing above those make it happen or you can just call me because i drive by it every day to go to work    cell  (360) 461-4662  home (360) 457-6336...mike
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2006 at 10:51am
OH

Dude you should have never said that you drive by it every day to go to work.

HAHAHA .... Group I think we have just found the new Mosh Pit Professor. And phone numbers to boot. I hope you don't get to many phone calls

Lets here it for our new Mosh Pit Professor
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version