Professor Paddle: BC Update vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: BC Update Post Reply Post New Topic
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote huckin harms Replybullet Topic: BC Update
    Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 8:21am
Talked with D1 (Dave Moroles, aka The Grim Reaper).

He's staying at the camp on the cheak.   Said he thinks the guage reading on this site (and the BC reporting page) is "off" by a tenth.  That is if the current reading says 2.8, then what is actually being reflected at the "on site" staff gauge is 2.7.  He's run the chek and cal crk.  Going for the Triple Crown today.  Says its good to go, but big.   Described the "Biggness" as somewhat comparable to upper Icicle (RV roadside and limbo) at 8k on wenatchee.  That translates into some rowdy shizz.  
Says there are assassins from all over the place there now... sounds like quite the international scene.   He's all by his lonesome and wanted to let you NW boaters know that the goods there are in full session.  Moreover, the ranks are thin from this region and he'd love some company, but be ready, cause it's heavy artillery (at least till the levels bump down some). Says he's there for the foreseeable future (two weeks?) so long as he stays uninjured.   Again, he'd luv to see familiar faces, and if you go take some of that Blackstrap Demon Rum.   Wish I could, but a flight to MI takes me out.
Peace

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Otter Boy
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Otter Boy Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 1:58pm
Yo Harms,

Thanks for the beta. I've got a crew heading up there in two weeks, so this was really helpful.

Is there any way to contact Chronic Dave? Baring that, how do we get to "the camp on the 'cheek"?

- OB

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
huckin harms
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quote huckin harms Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 2:10pm
Dave is only taking messages for now.  Then he sifts thru the wheat and chaffe and makes calls on a "deemed necessary" basis only, due to the high cost of international calls (this is just some Bs I made up).   His number is    253 315 1860.  Give him a call if your headed up and I am for sure that he'd luv to hook up with any NWHoods.

For camp info... well I dunno know exactly.   Someone else comment on that.  But it does sound like a festival of sorts.   
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 8:36pm
Harms do you have an update on the wildlife situation up there bugs bears etc...

I snapped a shot of you and that chipmunk this weekend... no wonder those little guys were bouncing all over the place!!!! j/k, but I don't want to wake up with squirrels bouncing around inside my sleeping bag again. Go after your own nuts you little rascals!

J
KatieAdele
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote KatieAdele Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 10:51pm
Bears, Colin saw two bears in two weeks.  Apparently there have been alot of sightings in residential areas and also in the woods around the rivers.  Sorry, can't  remember which rivers he was on.  Not the Check or Cal Creek, those were too high then...
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version