Professor Paddle: Emergency Vehicles at Skykomish Railroad Bridge vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Chit Chat
 Professor Paddle : General : Chit Chat
Message Icon Topic: Emergency Vehicles at Skykomish Railroad Bridge Post Reply Post New Topic
Otter Boy
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Otter Boy Replybullet Topic: Emergency Vehicles at Skykomish Railroad Bridge
    Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 3:44pm
I was driving back from Leavenworth today and noticed a bunch of emergency vehicles at the railroad bridge takeout. Then I passed the Index ambulance down in Monroe. Does anyone have details?

- B
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 4:05pm
We were surfing split rock around that time and collected at least three raft paddles that passed through.  My keen intuition tells me if might have had something to do with that.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
lazaruslong1108
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote lazaruslong1108 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 4:29pm
      The paddles were from a group upstream where a raft flipped and lost everyone. When my group got there they couldn't find one of the guys and one person was on the other side of the river. We went downstream and found him, just about when the rescue guys showed up. The guy was pretty beat up and scared, but seemed like he would be alright. I am guessing, that this is where the paddles came from that you found.
      The emergency vehicles at railroad bridge were almost certainly from a different incident because they apeared to be setting up a rescue for lower down river. There were about 30 rescue vehicles there so obviously not a good situation and besides that I don't know.

eli

Edited by lazaruslong1108 - 21 Oct 2007 at 4:29pm
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 5:41pm
I was at Split Rock surfing for an hour? Three raft paddles came down, but we never saw anyone. I understand it's rafting related, but no other beta have I. Split Rock RULES!!! It's the best surf wave in WA.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Wog67
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Wog67 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 6:33pm
There were six people in a raft. I guess one swam and got stuck on a rock just after the railroad rapid... according to the guys there (one of our groups cars was blocked.) they were going to go fish him out... So last I saw, he was sitting on top the rock waiting for them to come fetch him.
Flip, rinse, repeat.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version