Professor Paddle: Jackson Mega Rocker vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Jackson Mega Rocker Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:04pm
Keenan,
 I have no idea if you would fit comfortably in a Mystic. Only way to know is to try one out. It is a creek boat like the Mega, but is smaller, and has tracking edges, but isnt edgy.  It doesn't traack like a full edged planning hull, but it does ok for a creeker.
  Congrats on scoring the permit. Make sure you get some good rides and good footie.
Sure?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
explwhore
Paddler
Paddler

Quote explwhore Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:20pm
Unless you get a lot of rain, Tapeats probably will not go that late in the season.  Havasu Creek is also one I scoped out on side hikes.  My advice is bring the most comfy and kick ass glass green front surfing boat you have.  Unless you want to just practice flat wheels the whole time. 

Comfort is key because no matter what someone tells you, this one is about the scenery and side hikes.  Sure there are fun big rapids, but the play is not the key.  The huge amounts of flat water and just lounging makes it one the the best around, float, bloat, eat, camp, sleep and have a blast runs ever!

I am already jealous.  Filled the permit yet?

water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:21pm
Yeah, have fun on the Grand!. Explwhore brings up good points with performance. The Mega would get you down the Grand, but you wouldn't be surfing really and you would definitely be fighting the water. If you want ONE boat for the Grand and creekin' look at the Super Hero. If you have the ability I would suggest a 4 Fun or Super Fun for the Grand, a Super Star even, and a Mega for creekin'. Good luck either way! I can't comment on the Mystic, but the Deisel would also do the job for an all in one boat, especially as a beginner creeker.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Kiwi
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Kiwi Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:45pm
sorry, It's a small (8 person) permit and we owe others who have invited us on trips, but it was worth asking!!
explwhore
Paddler
Paddler

Quote explwhore Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:54pm
Do not take a Super Star, Do not take a 4 Fun!  Water Wacko is truely that or smoking crack.

Take a long boat that surfs well, like the Diesel.

I do not think the Super hero new will be the one either.  You want edge and length, comfort.

Screw the small boats.  I am telling you man, the whole way down the grand I was pulling my knees up and crying in my 4 fun every hour or so.  you spend so much time just paddling flat water and when you paddle your ass off and can't catch the glass it is a real let down.  There was not enough smaller or catchable waves and a few really kick ass holes.  If the flows are double my 7,000-14,000 spring release I hear it is a different river.  maybe someone who had done it at the higher flows has a different experience.

Nick
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 8:43pm
The important thing is that you go with a cool group of friends that will let you ride the rubber while your relaxing in the sun, then you could pack a few different types of boats and just chill on the way down!
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version