Professor Paddle: flatwater? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: flatwater? Post Reply Post New Topic
jojo
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jojo Replybullet Topic: flatwater?
    Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 7:47am
I have been out of my kayak for a almost four months now because of some shoulder issues.  I am starting to feel like working back into it and I am looking for some flatwater to just go paddle on.  I live in Magnolia and was wondering where some good places to go are.  I know there is water all around me but I don't know whats what.  Rules?  How clean the water is?  Other boat traffic?  I see some boats on the canal thing by fremont but is the water dirty? 
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Hunter
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Hunter Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 9:37am
Jojo
I live in Magnolia too and have often wondered the same. I have put in at the locks and paddled out to the mouth of the sound before. The water didn't kill me but my hair seemed to have a little extra grease afterwards. Also the tide can be a little strong at times paddling back toward the locks.....let me know if you are gonna paddle there and maybe I'll join you.
Hunter
Ryan
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Ryan Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 9:58am
I've done flatwater at Gasworks many times and at Greenlake a few. 

I think as long as you take a shower afterwards you'll be okay.  But, maybe not, who knows.
erikSANDSTROM
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote erikSANDSTROM Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 3:12pm
I have been underwater several times in grimey Greenlake when windsurf crashing.

I've dove at the Golden Gardens Jetty without intestinal incident. Lots of Scarily large Lingcod- 48 inchers; they looked like alligators.

However, I did get "the runs" from diving the old oil pier next to the new dog park in Edmonds; I should point out that I ate a flounder I shot there.

I say its hit or miss here. Magnuson gets pretty green! I would stay away from Lake Union/ Ship Canal (thing) for sure.

Magnolia is purdy close to downtown. I'd avoid post rainstorm, and look for the incoming tide.

Didn't somebody get giardia from goose shit in S. Lk. Washington? POW?

Dilution is the solution to pollution!

http://www.professorpaddle.com/media/photoview.asp?File_Id=972

This river don't go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version