Professor Paddle: The Robe Race vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: The Robe Race Post Reply Post New Topic
toddg
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote toddg Replybullet Topic: The Robe Race
    Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 6:32pm
Hi. With perfect Robe flows the past couple days, I've been reminded that this non-event is coming up real quick-like.  I'm reactivating this discussion because I want to be sure that those who plan to race are still planning to race .. and, more importantly, that those who might have an interest in being part of the safety / support crew will actually do that.

Thus far, I have the following racer teams:

Chris T & Beastman
Rob M & Christian
Shane R & John M
Shurtle & Kato
Scott W & Nick H
Jenni P & Hillary N
Jonny Doof & Brad X
Todd G & Andrew O

If you are not listed on here, you haven't gotten in touch with me & registered your team. If you wanna race, please email me asap so I can add you to the list. Once I have a final list, I'll send out an email with rules, etc.

Thus far, I have the following ppl down as support/safety volunteers:

Owen C
Hale H
Melina C
Ammen J
Pretty Nicky
Brian V

We'll need a bunch more volunteers. I want to staff ppl at the following places:
  • Start Line
    • 2 ppl to oversee starts & click the stopwatch / record start time
    • ez hike-in
  • Tunnel rapid
    • 2 ppl shore support 
    • 2 safety kayakers
    • ez hike-in
  • Little Miss Sunshine
    • 2 ppl shore support
    • 2 safety kayakers
    • ez hike-in
  • Catchers Mitt / Leap of Faith
    • 2 safety kayakers
  • Finish Line
    • 3 ppl to oversee finish line crossing & click the stopwatch / record finish times
    • ez hike-in
Obviously, if we have more volunteers, we'll distribute them throughout the run. If you or your friends might be interested in hanging out for a little while & being safe on race day, please email me so we can coordinate.

Race day is scheduled for *either* Saturday 4/26 or 4/27.  That's in 2 weekends! We will have to assess flow trends in the days leading up to it. If it's at an acceptable flow on Saturday, that will be the preferred day. For the purposes of executing the race, we'll call "acceptable" anything from 4.75 feet to 6.5 feet on the online gage, as of 7:00 a.m. the morning of the race.

This thing's a work-in-progress & a total hack job. If you have any questions, post them here or just email me.

Thanks y'all.
tg

toddgillman (at) gmail dotcom
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:35am
I'll volunteer for shore safety somewhere, Todd.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
hutchm
Paddler
Paddler

Quote hutchm Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:11pm
Levels are looking good, Jeff Bowman and myself are game for racing as long as levels stay below 6 ft.

We have been coming up with ways to blood dope, use steroids, and human growth hormone. Any thing to gain an edge in the highly competitive kayaking arena.

No one can stand up to our fiery

Morgan
cronar
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote cronar Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 3:14pm
Yaris power.  Man.  Yaris power.
hutchm
Paddler
Paddler

Quote hutchm Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:26pm
Gotta respect the YARIS

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 5:11pm
Hey I'm up for some kinda volunteer work:

I'm a newby to Robe, so I'm not sure weather or not I want to safety boat. If the levels stay on the lower side I'll consider it. Otherwise I could plant myself on a boulder somewhere and hang out with keen eyes and a throw bag. Regardless, I'd like to paddle in and check out the action.

I'll be working in the San Juan Islands, be beack in Seattle by Friday afternoon.
Hear's my number if you want it:

(Two 06) 7five five-23three6
JP

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 5:12pm
Oh yeah--anyone want to buddy up with me and paddle in there to check the race out?
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
toddg
Paddler
Paddler

Quote toddg Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 6:15pm
I like how the weather is lining up for the weekend. 

As of right now, we are tentatively set for Saturday a.m. .. Meeting at GF takeout parking lot at 9am sharp.  That's for racers AND support crew.  From there we will have a meeting to discuss rules, safety, responsibilities, etc., then will break out to our respective duties.  Show up already fed/coffee'd & bring snacks, rain gear, etc.  Please try to carpool as much as possible. Parking is VERY limited at the put-in. We'll be using the parking turnout adjacent to the Paca Pride Guest ranch driveway, NOT the riverside driveway on the property that's for sale, please.  (((We'll go over all this stuff & further consolidate drivers/passengers the morning of the race.))) 

The after-party will be at Omega Pizza right in the throbbing heart of GF.

Wetmouse, I've already emailed you the info, but you'll be in good hands if you want to safety-kayak that day. There will be plenty of competent kayakers volunteering. You guys can all figure out how to distribute yourselves throughout the canyon that a.m.  The main spots will be Little Miss Sunshine & Faceplant, but if sufficient #'s of safety kayakers turn out, then maybe we'll post some ppl at Conversation too.

Fiery Morgan, please PM or email me so I can send you racer specific info prior to the race.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:38pm
Hey JP,      I'll be doing safety somewhere on the river, probably at the Mitt.  If you're down with going on mostly verbals, you should rally with us.   -D
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version