Professor Paddle: Who Wnats to Bid on A Kayak Factory? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Who Wnats to Bid on A Kayak Factory? Post Reply Post New Topic
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Topic: Who Wnats to Bid on A Kayak Factory?
    Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 9:50am
Heres the communities chance to pull their cash and start up a unique paddlesports company out here in the West.  Today is the second round of liquidation auctions for the Voodoo Factory, but last weekends did not yeild a ton of bids, so it will continue till all is gone.  Click the link to see what you can bid on.

Tony Z
dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Wiggins
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote Wiggins Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 3:45pm

I can't read french. I can count to 4 in french, but that is of little help here. Are they selling any completed boats?

Kyle
I smell bacon
Courtney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Whitewater,sea kayaking, snowboarding, backpacking.

Quote Courtney Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 5:21pm
They are selling everything you see in the pictures.  It's first come first serve and there's enough there to start up a small boat company.  It says that there are various types of kayaks for sale (sea, rec, and whitewater)  along with some accessories.  Starting the 26 of March.  I'm sure you can contact them to get firm prices but they are pretty much half off.
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 5:43pm
I wonder if they are selling a carbon fiber air that they had in there for a while...
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 11:50pm
Thanks, I think I'll wait and buy the Blisstick factory...

:-)
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 12:06am

I have spoken to some friends who are still up in Montreal, there is A** loads of gear left, no big buyers. 

I am told there are tons of protos there, so maybe the carbon Air is tucked away.  The Auction people deal mainly in cars and homes, so they don't really know what is what.  They already had one big auction and sales push over the last wekend, not many takers.  I would say give it a couple weeks, and you will be getting things well well well below wholesale.  And yes, there are complete kayaks and tons of shells.  I think the oven and dryers will sit for some time, unless a venture capitalist decides to invest in a strat up company within trucking distance.  That is the best outcome of this ordeal, and my reason for posting/ mentioning the Auctions. 

-- So, anone want to front the money, move the equipment and some goods West?  I know an aspiring designer that has some good ideas........ Anyone??  Anyone??  Why should the East Coast have/had all the manufacturing?

Google French Translator and you can cut and paste any sentance you don't know.  Thats how I communicate with the folks in Italy a lot.
Tony Z
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:58am
If there is anyone serious about this let me know, I relocate MFG equipment and warehouses like this. More than likely the cost of moving the whole production line would set you in debt so far the boats would never sell enough to draw a profit, that and were not in the most logistical area for trans of final product. But hey if you want it all moved let me know .... I could use a big project!!!!
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by James

If there is anyone serious about this let me know, I relocate MFG equipment and warehouses like this. More than likely the cost of moving the whole production line would set you in debt so far the boats would never sell enough to draw a profit, that and were not in the most logistical area for trans of final product. But hey if you want it all moved let me know .... I could use a big project!!!!

Good to know.  Question:  I can get a 40ft shipping container from Italy for less then 4K, but it would be cost prohibative to ship a 20ft oven and some other machinary from one coast to the other?  Is that just trucking you speak of James, or by Rail too?
Tony Z
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 4:32pm
You might find rail prices lower but more or less trucking seems to be cheaper now adays.

Ocean is by far cheaper than over the road rates and from eastern canada your going to be looking at a close to similar rate. a 20ft oven would either go flatbed or in a can but either way would be $$$ certainly not less than 2-3k maybe 2.5 if you have a bunch of russians pull it like D4
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:30pm
FYI, the Russians I use are actually owned by an American. He just has Russian guys working for him...I have another load that is lost in Vodca land right now! I hope it shows up on Monday...
Nomad
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version