Professor Paddle: Re-Cap Old Stuff vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
 Professor Paddle : Site Support : Ideas / Issues / Problems / Fixes / Updates
Message Icon Topic: Re-Cap Old Stuff Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Online Status: Offline
  Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:27pm
And for the record, I have spouted off on ill-advised emotional rants myself.  Guilty -- my bad; sorry for anyone on the receiving end or even having to read that drivel.

However, those posts are still out there.  I haven't deleted them.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by slickhorn

And for the record, I don't just like men, but small boys too.  Guilty -- my bad; sorry for anyone on the receiving end or even having to read that drivel.

However, those posts are still out there.  I haven't deleted them.

Then there's the other problem of people misquoting you.

Where's my green nalgene?

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:02pm
I like to be able to delete comments and replace with a smile when the panties-in-a-bundle index reaches about 0.73 bundles per panty. It's like the online equivalent talcum powder.
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by leifkirchoff

I like to be able to delete comments and replace with a smile when the panties-in-a-bundle index reaches about 0.73 bundles per panty. It's like the online equivalent talcum powder.

Man you ain't kidding.  I read old posts on this site and there are simply TONS of blank posts by you. 

Maybe, if the post generated that much angst and needed to be deleted, it would have been better not to make such a post in the first place?  I don't really understand all your deletions -- either you think you have a point, in which case it should stand so I can read it and come to my own conclusion about your post, or you didn't have a point to make and probably shouldn't have posted. 

The deleted posts shout "I'm taking my ball and going home!" to me.

For myself, I shouldn't have posted several things.  They don't reflect that well on me, but hey, I own them and leave them up. 
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:33pm
Quotes are interesting as Joe says, because they can be edited.  Often as I'm reading a thread with all these redacted comments, my only clues are in what people quoted, because the quoted post has been deleted. 

It just really sucks to try to read a thread that's missing several posts -- and often they are critical posts to the overall tenor of the thread. 

As I read this site, I see a helluva lot of griping about the general tone and style of discourse around here.  Maybe making a post, knowing it will remain after you hit submit, and not being able to edit posts to make yourself look better in hindsight would encourage people to post a little thoughtfully and responsibly.  God knows we need it, Mountain Buzz is more civil than this place lately, and that ought to be embarrassing to all of us.  At least on the Buzz, people own their sh!t talking. 
RemAcct2
Limited Access
Limited Access

Quote RemAcct2 Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:36pm
It seems like before today, it had been quit some time since I deleted a post. Am I miss remembering. As far as today goes, I was told to "F---" off. I interpreted that as a request to remove my opinions (which I make no apologies for, and do stand by).
slickhorn
Admin
Admin
IK MainiYak

Quote slickhorn Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:12pm
I don't have stats or anything; I'm just going off something that I have noted to myself several times over a period of many months.  Not trying to target you in particular Leif, I've just noticed it on your posts.  Certainly others here do the same thing.

Frankly, this site is only 4th or 5th on my list of whitewater forums to follow -- and I don't on a daily basis.  A large part of that is the WKC-style angst/circular firing squad.  I'm prone to angst myself, so I try to avoid things that stir it up in me. 

Things like Joe and his 4th grade level humor.  Where's my green nalgene, you %$#$&*

-b
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version