Professor Paddle: Intro To Creeking vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Event: Intro To Creeking - Event Date: 20 Jun 2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Online Status: Offline
  Quote water wacko Replybullet Calendar Event: Intro To Creeking
    Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 9:31am

Learning skills for harder runs is a good idea. Your buddy may need your help one day. Do you have the knowledge to help? This is a class that introduces not only the skills necessary to run harder drops and rapids, but also the skills needed to rescue swimmers/victims trapped in boats, and boats themselves. Do you have the knowledge to determine whether or not to even try to get that pinned boat? You will after you take this class. If you're interested PM me and I will answer your questions. A handful of rivers are on the list for this class, but as the day draws near levels will decide which. This is a 2 day class with a longer day on Sat and a shorter day on Sun. The cost is $150.00.

Requirements for this class are:

a strong roll, both sides preferred, but not necessary; a CREEK boat :) and paddling gear; drysuit (let me know if you don't have one, rentals are available) ; comfortable running Boulder Drop on the Sky up to 2500 cfs (this is sort of a benchmark, let me know if you've run other things that are similar) 

I want to get people in this class. If you aren't sure about something, ask me. I'd love to see you in this class. I'll accomodate as much as I can. This class is for people who want to learn more advanced techniques in a comfortable classroom-like setting.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 5:55pm
Will you pay me $150.00 to take the class so I will be a safer boater and be able to help others? I could use the money and I may rescue you someday so then it will pay off!!!
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm
Dave, I bet you could get a grant to pay for the class from the government. There's lots of money out there for the taking. Then BOTH of us will be safe boaters. 
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version