Professor Paddle: Yo from CO! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Yo from CO! Post Reply Post New Topic
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Topic: Yo from CO!
    Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:34am
Hey all, I'm out here in CO getting ready for FIBArk.  The fest is still a few days away, but Salida is already insane with paddlers! 

Its been a great trip so far, I hit the Boise PBR Fest, Ogden WW Park, Riverdale Wave, and Lyons Outdoor Games and a bunch of little hidiehole spots in between.  I had a cool wave 100 yards from my campsite in Lyons, what a great way to end the day with a surf session! 

I am amazed at how many WW Parks there are once you get East of Idaho!  Every town seems to embrace their vitality and what it brings to tourism in their area.  I remember a year or so ago reading about Jame's trip through CO looking at the parks, but you don't realize how killer it is to have them at hand until you visit a bunch.

Boise breaks ground for their park this fall, and I think Spokane does too! 
Tony Z
dragorossinorthwest@yahoo.com
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:27pm
FIBArk is INSANE!  the event hasn't even started, but the entire town is flooded with boaters, and they are all trying to get their licks in at the comp hole.  So, a couple of us headed downstream a few hundred yards to a killer river wide breaking wave and had sick fun for ever.... best of all, NO LINES.

I ran into tons of folks I have not seen in ages, and am waiting for some more of the WA boys to arrive, Kurle and Kim are due to arrive Thursday Morn, and Steve Bailey from Spokane in the afternoon.

I will post some pics from the events each night, i hope... I have to run a booth, and get some surfing in.... its a hard life, I know.....  although my surf time is limited, still got the stents in the ol kidneys............ sshhhh don't tell my wife I've been surfing.
Tony Z
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
dragorossinw
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote dragorossinw Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 8:23am
The Freestyle Prelims at FIBArk were Friday.  Matt Kurle and Steve Bailey both made it into the finals on Sunday.  I uplaoded a few images for ya all, I will get more later, it takes too long to upload on the raod

Tony Z
www.nookiekayaking.us
www.dragorossi.com
www.donkeyfIip.com
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version