Professor Paddle: Whitewater rescue class - who's interested? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Whitewater rescue class - who's interested? Post Reply Post New Topic
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote irenen Replybullet Topic: Whitewater rescue class - who's interested?
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:23pm
Hey all,

I'm checking around to see how many people might be interested in a 2-day whitewater rescue class geared towards kayakers (all skill levels), taught by Chris Jonason of WaveTrek Rescue in Index. The class is 9 to 5 on Sat. and Sunday, May 15 to 16, and costs $175.  We need at least 6 people to hold the class and the max would be 20.

I would love to take this class, so please let me know if you're interested!  I know we're getting into Wenatchee-weekend season but that's another great reason to take the course, whether you just need to refresh your skills or are like me and are basically less competent than a bathtub rubber ducky when it comes to rescuing people. (Trust me, if we ever boat together you WANT me to take this class. :)

Thanks, if you post on here that you're interested I'll keep track and let you know how things progress.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:13pm
I would love to take the class but thats ramp set up weekend. Do they plan on holding other classes later on?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:50am

I would be surprised if there were none scheduled later this year, I don't see any right now on the calendar which goes until July, http://www.wavetrekrescue.com/courses-calendar, but I would think that there would be.  Also I think if we get enough people to commit to a class she would schedule one for us specifically - I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure that's the case.  I'll post again if something like that happens - I understand the ramp takes precedence that weekend! :)

AaronS
Paddler
Paddler

Quote AaronS Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:26am
I'd be interested in the class on the 15th and 16th.  So far that's two...
If you're not prepared to be wrong you'll never come up with anything new.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:31am
Great, thanks Aaron, there are a few other people who responded as pretty interested on an email I sent out too so we might get enough people, I will keep you posted as soon as I know for sure.
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2010 at 8:06pm
Hey Aaron, looks like the class is on, I'll PM you.
TastyWaves
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote TastyWaves Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:59pm
I'm interested too, this is Adrian

I won't be late this time.. :)

Is is $175 total or each?
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:03pm

Hey Adrian, it's $175 each, that's discounted from the usual price of $200, the link to sign up is below and she said if people want to camp out there overnight Sat. that is fine (although I think I will opt for the hot shower at home route.:)  Here's the link, hope you can make it!

http://www.wavetrekrescue.com/node/64

irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:46pm

Just wanted to say THANKS to the people who came out for the whitewater rescue class taught by Chris Jonason of Wave Trek Rescue this weekend, it was a great group and a stellar course that I should have taken a long time ago.  I have a new appreciation for what it takes to handle emergencies out there (and also for how bad a swimmer I am - who knew. :)

If you're looking for a good rescue class (including other kinds, like ice rescue and large animal rescue) I highly recommend Chris, she is incredibly knowledgeable and keeps things really interesting and hands-on practical.  Plus hanging out at her place by the river with the dogs while the class is being taught is pretty darn nice.  Thanks Chris!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version