Professor Paddle: Powerhouse beginner practice Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Powerhouse beginner practice Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Powerhouse beginner practice (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Snoqualmie  (2. Snoqualmie Falls to Plum's Landing (Powerhouse Run))   Class II+   Min 300 cfs    |    Max 6000 cfs   Current 1650 cfs (Reported on 04-19-2024 17:30:00)
Trip Leader : tradguy2
Contact # : 206-422-0nine41
Meeting Time : 7/29/2010 6:00:00 PM
Meeting Place : Takeout
Paddlers Paddling
Onie
tradguy2
Master Poster
Master Poster
Fabric Fanatic

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tradguy2 Replybullet Topic: Powerhouse beginner practice Discussion Thread
    Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:42pm

This is the Powerhouse beginner practice discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Powerhouse beginner practice | Trip Page

Taking a beginner to the Powerhouse Thursday evening.  Because of the access situtaion I'm planning on working on some basics in the takout pool before portaging upsteam to run a couple of the rapids.  I know there are a few beginners out there that have been looking to get out so feel free to join me.  Don't forget you need a WDFL permit to park at the takout. 

Tom

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:00pm
There is another takeout just about 100 yards downstream and you do not need a permit to park there. I have been parking there for years, nice big pullout room for about 5 cars.
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Kelly_C
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Kelly_C Replybullet Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 9:18pm
I'd be careful about where you park and recommend that you pick up a permit.  The beer floaters are out in much greater numbers than past years - I drove by around 7pm and there were cars parked all over the place.  Sheriff was there but not sure if he was ticketing - they were towing cars over the weekend. 

Looked like the surf wave was now in - so, I'll probably swing by tomorrow night, but may be later than 6.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version