Events: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk
Print Page | Close Window

Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Events
Forum Discription: Read and Discuss Upcoming Events. Please Post Trips through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12959
Printed Date: 03 Jun 2024 at 8:29pm

Topic: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk
Posted By: DylanW
Subject: Paddling in Washington State March 29-April 1 - Sk
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:58pm
Hi everyone,

I am a paddler from Chilliwack, BC, and I am going to be spending a few days with my family at Rasar Park over the Easter long weekend (March 29 - April 1st). While I am down there I would love to get out and paddle one of the great runs down in Washington! Was thinking of the Skagit, but am open to any class II - III runs. Anyone out there planning a day trip within these dates and wouldnt mind if another paddler tagged along? I have been paddling for about a year now, so I will admit I am still pretty fresh (don't worry, I have a solid roll). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Dylan

Replies:
Posted By: riverfanatik
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:04pm
The Skagit is pretty mellow. S-Bends is the only rapid, and other than that its pretty chill. Its pretty but the whitewater is a bit disappointing. If you have a solid roll and are looking for some fun, the Wenatchee may be your best bet. You certainly won't have a problem finding people to go with you

Posted By: riverfanatik
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:31am
Whoops i thought you wrote APRIL 29th - MAY 1st . Oh well I hope you had fun.

Posted By: DylanW
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:12am
Not a problem, I ended up connecting with a group and we paddled the Suittle river. Was a nice run, though the water was quite low. Sure is a alot of wood on that run! Thanks for the feedback though.

Cheers,
Dylan

Print Page | Close Window