Rules: FITW....
Print Page | Close Window

FITW....

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: Site Support
Forum Name: Rules
Forum Discription: If in doubt, SCOUT. Well most people do, Read the Rules if you are not sure!
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10464
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:55pm

Topic: FITW....
Posted By: jella
Subject: FITW....
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:34pm
]The gages are saying that FITW is in...... Do you think it will hold till this weekend. I know it changes super fast, I'm not sure... Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: H2Ohta
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:45pm
According to the NOAA forecast, Snoqualmie Summit should receive approx. 3/4-1" of rain tomorrow, and it is supposed to continue raining through at least Saturday. Should stay "in" but not sure about the snow...

-------------
H2Ohta

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 10:16pm
I would think the snow would be a little sketch in places. Not that it could not be run just that if you had a problem you might be looking at a few ledges to swim no matter what to get out. 

Posted By: Aquaholic
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by jella

]The gages are saying that FITW is in...... Do you think it will hold till this weekend. I know it changes super fast, I'm not sure... Thanks!   
What,snow kayaking isn't cool enough for ya so now your gonna start snow creeking

-------------

Posted By: Scott_H
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:22am
I took a break 2 weeks ago from skiing nearby to skin over to the run.  As James guessed, there is a lot of snow (at least two weeks ago) that would make the getting on or off harder, but its doable.  The whole road is, predictably, covered in snow so you'd have to be willing to deal with hauling boats by foot.  Saw one log on the third (?) drop of the foursome, but it was not really in play (limbo-esque).  If you are bored and up there though, the snow coverage is great and made for a pleasant skin along the banks just checking the run out at low flows.

-------------
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:00am
Wait till the road clears, it's not worth the hike.

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: jella
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 12:40pm
from one extream to the next... never let the adventure die!

-------------

Posted By: water wacko
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 9:20am
wait til april

-------------
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman

Print Page | Close Window