Events: GRC this weekend 5/5
Print Page | Close Window

GRC this weekend 5/5

Printed From: ProfessorPaddle.com
Category: General
Forum Name: Events
Forum Discription: Read and Discuss Upcoming Events. Please Post Trips through the Trips Tool.
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11966
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:17am

Topic: GRC this weekend 5/5
Posted By: James
Subject: GRC this weekend 5/5
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 2:50pm
I figured I would start a new thread to prevent the Green River Clean up thread from being filled with chatter.

Who is interested in going out and paddling on the Green River this weekend?

Who is interested in joining into a group to head down together?

I am going to have a raft, I might have an extra seat and I would love to float with others given the opportunity. Let me know if your interested.

Put In at Palmer Park around 9-10am

Take Out where you want. We will either do Shangri La or Flaming Geyser.

Replies:
Posted By: GHannam
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:20pm
I plan to be there!

Posted By: dave
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:38pm
Oh, goodie! I can ride in James' raft and get sloppy drunk throwing beer bottles out while I drink them and everyone will pick them up!!!!
OK, seriously, I will be running the Upper Gorge section in my playboat and plan on meeting people at Paradise around 11am Sat. Anyone is welcome to join us, we are not cliquey and enjoy anyones company, the more the merrier!!!!

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:47am
Yea were going to do Palmer to Geyser... Looks like the raft is full now. I will know for sure later tonight.

Our plan will be meet at Kanaskat at 8am. Drop boats, run shuttle and launch around 9:30 - 10am. I would really like to hook up with someone that will help us run shuttle. No drinkypoos on this trip David. Sobriety is paramount for a proper cleanup.

Posted By: FLUID
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:20pm

Audrey and I will be doing a Headworks lap to help the efforts Saturday around 10:00. see ya out there !!

Solid rally and orginization guy's !!

Posted By: Mark47n
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:26am
I'm planning to be there and hoping to run the upper gorge to Flaming...never done the upper.  Don't really care what I run as I'll still be on the river.

Should be at flaming around 1000

-------------
You mean I'm supposed to wear something UNDER my spray skirt? Where's the fun in that?

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:08am
Well, I slept in till 9:00 AM this morning first time in three weeks. Now were planning on meeting at Paradise around 1130 and hopefully there will be people there to shuttle. No sense in starting early, got till 9 till its dark.

-------------
Nomad

Posted By: MN Mike
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 9:30am
Hey Dave.  I had a similar issue with sleeping in, not that I'm complaining.  I should be getting to paradise about the same time as you and could help run shuttle.  See you there. 

Mike

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:26am
Well that was a great time out there. Did not see quite as many people as I figured I would but you can't complain with such stellar weather.

I hope Slickhorn took some photos of pileups and people running the nozzle!

~J

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:15am
There was a ton of people getting on later, lots of kayakers took out at Pardise too.
Some of us treasure sleeping... 

-------------
Nomad

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:54am
Thanks B! Awesome shots. I am sure the guys in my raft will love seeing those!

Print Page | Close Window