Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13456
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 5:42am

Topic: Possible Pilchuck creek run on Sunday
Posted By: jP
Subject: Possible Pilchuck creek run on Sunday
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:56am
I just want to throw it out there that Pilchuck Creek could get juice'n on Sunday. Or, maybe it won't end up raining that hard. But the Robe graph is sporting a pretty hefty gnome hat scheduled to spike saturday night, and the Sky guage is similarly lookin to bust through the roof.

Anyone down for a juicy class IV+ experience on Pilchuck? Its fun when it is crankin high. Since its such a low elevation drainage though, we won't know for sure till sat. Night.

Who's down ? I'd want to firm up a plan by saturday night, with a backup plan if flows don't materialize on pilchuck. Right now I am just guaging interest. Who has "boots on the ground" that can monitor it visually from nearby? That's immensely helpful for this flashy run.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Replies:
Posted By: jonlcrain
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 8:19am
If its running I will be at Pilchuck on Sunday. I live pretty close and can get over there quick on Sunday morning to post a visual.

Jon

Posted By: jondufay
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:24am
Sounds good. Thanks j c rain

-------------
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...

Posted By: pottert
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
Sounds dope, what time?

Posted By: peele
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:22pm
I would be game for some Pilchuck

keep me in the loops

Mike
two 5 three- 7 three 2- 9 zero 8 two

Posted By: ChristianKnight
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 10:45pm
JP: thanks for reminding me of this run. I've only done it once, a long time ago at low water. I'd definitely be down. Let me know early Sunday how it is looking.

-------------
Catch your eddies,
Christian

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:15am
So, JC Rain, how's it look? You or anyone else get a visual? I like to see that pourover above the bridge to be a slightly sunken, velvety voluptuous little hump...

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:25am
Heading there now. Will post a visual in about 45 min

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 7:49am
Sweet. I feel it is already slipping from my grasp, tho. I shoukda already been on the road up there.

I advise anyone wanting a nice fat n juicy Pilchuck crk to load up and get over there. If you wait 45 min for a report, it will be too late. Its gonna drop right on out.

Its a solid 25mi just for me to slog up 405 to the north end of the lake. I think I just missed Pikchuck again. Bummin.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:10am
Looking low but runnable. The rock is out of the water. No pour over at all.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:15am
3.8 Ft on the stick gauge

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:18am
Oops. Damn I didn't expect it to be that low so soon. But, we know how flashy it is. Thanks for the report, Jon--

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:19am
Its out if you like the brown juice. In if you like the rocky stuff.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:24am
Yep this is the low end of runnable. If anyone is coming I'll stick around otherwise I think I am heading to the Sky drainage.

Jon

Posted By: peele
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 8:27am
you have any idea what you are heading for in the sky drainage?

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 9:02am
I'd like to head up that way, myself. In Renton. Ready to mobilze. It would be awesome if someone was gonna rally from the south end to carpool w/.

-------------
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 3:49pm
Didn't feel like driving and some friendly mushroom pickers offered to run my shuttle so I paddled Pilchuck despite less than optimal flows. All the same wood from last season is still there and there is a new river wide double log between the bridge and waterfall in some class II. Portage right at this flow. Maybe spicier at higher water as there is not a defined eddy close to it. I'll post a photo later.

Posted By: dylan
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 6:22pm
I'm close to the Green River if any of ya'll wanna carpool to the next flood.

Print Page | Close Window