Forum Name: Whitewater Forum
Forum Discription: Open Discussion Forum. Whitewater related subjects only
URL: http://www.professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14585
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 8:17am

Topic: Found Blue Pyranha kayak - Green River
Posted By: WA-Boater
Subject: Found Blue Pyranha kayak - Green River
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 3:50pm
PM me details and I'll give you directions to it. It has been pulled out of the log jam and strapped to the bank. Should be easy to get hike/walking.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: CO_Patrick
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 5:49pm
There is a post on PNW Kayakers that probably matches this kayak. Why the guy posted there I don't know, unless he doesn't know about this site.

Posted By: czyaaron
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 7:55pm
I am going in with some friends with a raft and several kayaks to attempt a recovery on my kayak tomorrow. We could grab the blue kayak and bring it out on the raft for the owner if you let me know where it is tied up.

Posted By: WA-Boater
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 9:18pm
Keep your eyes out for an RPM on the lower if you can. A friend lost his a couple weeks back in there. Thought I had found it today, but turns out it's a different boat.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 9:22pm
We will. I will let you know if we find it.

Posted By: commander fun
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 9:25pm
oh sh*t! it looks like the green is kicking ass and taking boats!

-------------

Posted By: JoshLarsen
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 9:42pm
The Blue Shiva is mine! I went Tuesday at around 7300 with a raft (r2) which flipped. I swam after pulling one of the guys behind my kayak for about a half mile.. Everyone got out of the river safe. The grey and red raft tied up river right from the one lane gorge bridge is from the same party. Both will be recovered Wed.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 7:42pm
With the help of some friends, the Burn is resting happily at home. We did not see the RPM. The raft and the Blue Shiva are still high and dry.

Posted By: otterend
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 7:48pm
The raft is still perched high on river right. Down river, the Shiva is on river right tethered to a log up on the rocks within view of the Black Diamond bridge. Saw another crew today expertly recover a kayak in Mercury using raft support, and we then chased one of our own loose boats through the Rapids below Paradise. Sometimes it's all smiles and beers at the end. Other days, the river reminds us who's boss.

Posted By: Jed Hawkes
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:12am
Yesterday (sunday 1/12) I saw and orange kayak pinned in Mercury on far river right up at the top of the rapid stuck in a log jam, noticed it once I was already committed to the left but if someone get's an opportunity it looks like it would be pretty easy to get in there and pull it out of the log jam.

-------------
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723

Posted By: iamgretchen
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 8:41am
That orange kayak got pulled out yesterday, it was the Burn mentioned above :)

From what I can tell from the threads, all that is left on the Green on the banks are the Blue Shiva and the raft (both of which sound like someone's going in on Wed to collect those two), and the AT paddle mentioned in a diff thread. 

Oh, and the RPM somewhere below which we didn't see..

Posted By: irenen
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 3:18pm
Would it just be easier to open a retail store out there to move all this merchandise? :) Just kidding, I'm glad everyone's OK.

-------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
Irene,

Not very funny actually. Retail stores are for new merchandise this is all clearly used.

I would actually suggest .... a yard sale!

Posted By: irenen
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 4:00pm
Whoops, what was I thinking. :)

-------------
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.

Posted By: NateW
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:44am
What was the deal with the Green recently? Was it at a particularly difficult level?

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:56pm
It got into the lower 6k range. Very Difficult Level for Some, not so Difficult for others but still a level anyone should be fully experienced and ready for. Not your normal flows in other words.

Posted By: tiziak
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 1:03pm
Carnage is part of a balanced diet in the PNW!

-------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis

Posted By: ENDO
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:44pm
A little throw bag work is good to keep everyone on their toes....

Posted By: imageAK
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 3:10pm
water... itll rob ya!

-------------
aint nobody got time for that!

Posted By: apmurray
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 4:25pm
Bringing this boat to Seattle. PM me if it's yours.

Posted By: JoshLarsen
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 1:58pm
Slight inconvenience that you picked up my boat Adam as I had a buddy go down to retrieve it today. Not a big deal though, I will be having my buddy in Seattle come retrieve it from you. Thanks everyone for the help finding my boat.Also the green was leveled out at 7300 the day we went.

Print Page | Close Window